2001 Ford Taurus Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Taurus model:
Excellent Choice
By Israel on 04/20/05 05:17 AM (PDT)

2001 Ford Taurus Sedan SES 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

The best car in its class, fun to drive, easy driving, with everything a car should have. Been driving it for about 4 years and the only maintenance is spark plugs, oil and filters, and lubricants. No doubt this is the best car in his category.

My Ford Taurus
By murray on 03/23/05 23:46 PM (PST)

2001 Ford Taurus Sedan SES 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Gas mileage is not good. Car behaves well, has really not been a problem except that "Service Engine" light comes on because gas gauge goes wacky. This is probably due to having used poor gas sometimes. Seems to be sensitive to this. No noticeable knocks or pings, however.

Surprised
By SMM on 03/08/05 09:29 AM (PST)

2001 Ford Taurus Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I have had two Honda's. I was/am very surprised by the ride of this vehicle. It is smooth and very roomy with a decent punch from 40-70 mph. I have had it for only 15,000 miles; bought it used. I feel like I am waiting for the other shoe to drop re reliability but it has not yet. Had a minor A/C problem and Ford stepped up the plate when I bought it without a warranty. Very pleased thus far. People act surprised when I tell them they should just drive it to see for themselves what Ford has done.

So Far So Good
By da bull taurus on 10/18/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Ford Taurus Sedan SES 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Leased this new in May/01, had to replace brakes @ 28,000 miles. Rear door panel seperated from door @ 7800 miles. Maintained and serviced as recommended. Have not had any complaints with the vehicle. (That will change with age I'm Sure) Overall this has been one of the better investments in a vehicle that I've made

Workhorse
By Stangman184 on 08/25/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Ford Taurus Sedan SES 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I drive between 45,000 and 55,000 miles per Year! I love mine. I bought it with 28,700 miles and it now has 124,100+ miles on it. Routine maint. and a sensor is all I've done to this car. It actually has been more reliable than 3 imports I've owned (Toyota/Hondas), and It gives me better gas mileage than 2 of them. Best bang for the buck in todays market.

Don't Count on It
By kjb in tn on 07/30/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Ford Taurus Sedan SES 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

OK for about six months but then it all fell apart. Car left me stranded on the highway with no warning. Not once but three times. Each time dealer had car for up to two weeks and computer showed no problems. Finally replaced the fuel pump. This year replaced rear brake system (chalk it up to former life as a rental). In past month car died without warning again. Diagnostics again did not explain stall but did need some faulty sensors replaced. The mystery continues. Don't fault the dealer just a bad product. Quality issues and too many cars in market explain poor resale. Grew up in Ford family and I purchased 4 so far but this will be the last.

Great Used Car w/ Plenty of Extras
By RobthehubofMisty on 07/02/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Ford Taurus Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I love my SEL. It is more luxurious than I thought it would be. I happened to luck up on this car at a used car dealer and I have been very pleased with it's reliability. I considered spending more for an import, but I'm glad I trusted this Ford. It is one of the more solid cars I've ever owned. Fuel economy is decent, as I have the larger engine. Ride is very comfortable and extremely quite and smooth. For the money, the Taurus has to be one of the best deals out there in terms of reliability, fuel economy, comfort and performance. I give the Taurus SEL 2 thumbs up. Nice.

2001 Ford Taurus
By sue miklajcyk on 06/18/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Ford Taurus Sedan SES 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I've had a good experience with the car. I took my time in buying since I work in a hospital with steep hills and NY winters I needed a car that had excellent safety ratings and handle well. I have owned 2 tauruses and never had any problems, also the dealerships are wonderful.

Good Value
By Alan Estergomy on 06/14/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Ford Taurus Sedan SES 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Bought with 18,000 miles and it has been a very good purchase. Very good highway car. Been to Florida 3 times and it proved to be a comfortable cruiser. Better value than friends Camry. Taurus has cost me .15 cents per mile so far and Camry cost .37 cents for my friend. Looking forward to a new Ford Five Hundred next year.

wifes car
By Aubrey Gibson on 05/31/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Ford Taurus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Great car Its just time to trade in the next year