2001 Ford Taurus - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Taurus model:
I love it!
By knukscrim on 09/02/05 10:50 AM (PDT)

2001 Ford Taurus SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This is the "boring" refined auto I have been waiting for. I love having a car that just performs well and does not demand that I coddle it! The 24 valve engine is smooth but peppy, and the mileage is not bad either.

Shocked by a Ford
By Val on 08/10/05 23:43 PM (PDT)

2001 Ford Taurus SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I always swore I would never own a Ford. But, after driving a Blazer gas hog decided to try. Interiors roomy, especially if you have members of your family at least 6ft. tall. Rides smooth, quiet, and full of power.

In 2001, Best sedan for the money.
By jjuhring on 08/06/05 23:46 PM (PDT)

2001 Ford Taurus SES 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Bought the car new in 2001. This is the SES model with 24 valve V6, 200HP, center console shifter and 6-disc CD changer. Purchased the car for the following reasons: Quieter on the freeway and $5,000 less than equally equipped Accord, sleek looks, VERY roomy interior both front and back, 200HP V6, leather seats, adjustable pedals, all for under $21,000. Now has 97,000 miles (almost all highway). Reliability has be very good. Brakes were just replaced at 85,000 miles, and fuel pump just died last week. No other problems so far. Engine and transmission still run strong, no rattles or interior noises, after washing it still looks new. Replaced original Continental tires at 60k miles.

Decent Reliability/Everything else break
By Mindi on 06/28/05 14:15 PM (PDT)

2001 Ford Taurus SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

The car has worked for what we needed, but every summer so far something has broken with the air conditioner and had to be repaired (Buy the extended warranty!). My Taurus has to be aligned about every 6-12 months. It is roomy and comfortable and the engine has held up quite well. I'm not impressed with the fuel economy. Be sure and get all rebates and don't pay too much for the vehicle and don't count on good trade in value as these vehicles along with most American made ones do not hold their value well at all.

Perfect Vehicle!
By Ford King on 04/24/05 17:43 PM (PDT)

2001 Ford Taurus SES 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This is my second Taurus SES. I tried to go to a sports car again and I decided I wanted the Taurus instead. I really enjoy the drive and the way it rides. The side airbags and ABS are very good options to have. My favorite option is the traction control. This option has helped me in some tricky situations especially in the snow. I have never gotten stuck in the snow even when ten inches deep. I will probably always want to have a Taurus until I am ready to purchase a Five Hundred or until I get tired of my Explorer. This is a lot of car for not much money and will last forever!

Excellent Choice
By Israel on 04/20/05 05:17 AM (PDT)

2001 Ford Taurus SES 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

The best car in its class, fun to drive, easy driving, with everything a car should have. Been driving it for about 4 years and the only maintenance is spark plugs, oil and filters, and lubricants. No doubt this is the best car in his category.

My Ford Taurus
By murray on 03/23/05 23:46 PM (PST)

2001 Ford Taurus SES 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Gas mileage is not good. Car behaves well, has really not been a problem except that "Service Engine" light comes on because gas gauge goes wacky. This is probably due to having used poor gas sometimes. Seems to be sensitive to this. No noticeable knocks or pings, however.

Surprised
By SMM on 03/08/05 09:29 AM (PST)

2001 Ford Taurus SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I have had two Honda's. I was/am very surprised by the ride of this vehicle. It is smooth and very roomy with a decent punch from 40-70 mph. I have had it for only 15,000 miles; bought it used. I feel like I am waiting for the other shoe to drop re reliability but it has not yet. Had a minor A/C problem and Ford stepped up the plate when I bought it without a warranty. Very pleased thus far. People act surprised when I tell them they should just drive it to see for themselves what Ford has done.

Nice car so far
By janet on 01/29/05 23:30 PM (PST)

2001 Ford Taurus SE 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Bought with 17,000 miles. Already had brake work done and new tires. I had to put a EGR sensor on it, but other than that, haven't had to repair anything else, yet. Car is very pretty, but not much room inside, plus seats are not comfy. Lots of road noise to get used to. Has 45,000 miles on it now, after 1 1/2 years. Hoping it won't start falling apart. Miss the large trunk I used to have on my Grand Marquis. No comparison to the comfort that car had. All in all, so far this has been a nice car.

So Far So Good
By da bull taurus on 10/18/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Ford Taurus SES 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Leased this new in May/01, had to replace brakes @ 28,000 miles. Rear door panel seperated from door @ 7800 miles. Maintained and serviced as recommended. Have not had any complaints with the vehicle. (That will change with age I'm Sure) Overall this has been one of the better investments in a vehicle that I've made