2001 Ford Taurus Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Taurus model:
2001 SELTaurus
By E Gossett on 05/02/06 17:18 PM (PDT)

2001 Ford Taurus Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I was very pleased with this car until I had problems with the transmission. With only 31K, A small $4.00 bearing broke apart damaging the entire transmission resulting in $2500.00 in repairs. The transmission shop stated that they had other Taurus's with transmission problems for this particular year. This car has a nice appealing body style, however the curved door at the door handle dents easily when hit from other car doors. I mailed Ford Motor company a letter and asked for a response about my transmission problem, but they never did. Ford Motor company in my view, doesn't care about the value of their customers. I do not trust Ford Motor company, nor will I buy a Ford car again.

Poor quality car
By Gigi Kent on 04/21/06 17:38 PM (PDT)

2001 Ford Taurus Sedan SES 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

If you haven't bought one yet, don't.

IT'S RIGHT
By JT Hernandez on 04/09/06 17:32 PM (PDT)

2001 Ford Taurus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Car is ok to drive, dependable, reliable, good gas mileage, pretty decent ride for long trips. Regular maintenance and you will be fine (oil changes, transmission service every 50,000 miles or so). Brake rotors major problem, they warp very easily. Even with them NEW, stopping distance is mediocre, need 4-discs instead of drums in the back. Seats are slightly uncomfortable; I feel the need to adjust the seat constantly. Needs more HP and response to throttle. Also, if you intend to drive this car aggressively beware engine oil pressure jumps up very quickly. Only thing I have replaced is the serpentine belt 117k miles.

Ford Taurus
By Victor on 01/26/06 11:48 AM (PST)

2001 Ford Taurus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

The transmission blew at 51, 000 miles and the vehicle has been in the shop for numerous mechanical things. I would not buy another Ford if it were the last car on the market.

What Else Could You Want?
By JFIELDS on 10/08/05 20:37 PM (PDT)

2001 Ford Taurus Sedan SES 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I have had my Taurus now for almost 5 years. I bought it new with 3 miles on it. since the day I drove it off the lot I have not had one problem with it, other than the normal brakes and oil changes and tires (also I suggest changing the tires to a better quality...it improves the ride considerably). I do however have a strange rattle noise coming from what I presume to be my windshield (right where the dash meets the windshield) and no one can seem to find out how to fix it or where it is coming from! I love this car and my brother just bought a Ford 500 and I would by another Taurus (which I am due to the 251,000 miles on mine). I would definitely suggest this car to anyone.

I love it!
By knukscrim on 09/02/05 10:50 AM (PDT)

2001 Ford Taurus Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This is the "boring" refined auto I have been waiting for. I love having a car that just performs well and does not demand that I coddle it! The 24 valve engine is smooth but peppy, and the mileage is not bad either.

Shocked by a Ford
By Val on 08/10/05 23:43 PM (PDT)

2001 Ford Taurus Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I always swore I would never own a Ford. But, after driving a Blazer gas hog decided to try. Interiors roomy, especially if you have members of your family at least 6ft. tall. Rides smooth, quiet, and full of power.

In 2001, Best sedan for the money.
By jjuhring on 08/06/05 23:46 PM (PDT)

2001 Ford Taurus Sedan SES 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Bought the car new in 2001. This is the SES model with 24 valve V6, 200HP, center console shifter and 6-disc CD changer. Purchased the car for the following reasons: Quieter on the freeway and $5,000 less than equally equipped Accord, sleek looks, VERY roomy interior both front and back, 200HP V6, leather seats, adjustable pedals, all for under $21,000. Now has 97,000 miles (almost all highway). Reliability has be very good. Brakes were just replaced at 85,000 miles, and fuel pump just died last week. No other problems so far. Engine and transmission still run strong, no rattles or interior noises, after washing it still looks new. Replaced original Continental tires at 60k miles.

Decent Reliability/Everything else break
By Mindi on 06/28/05 14:15 PM (PDT)

2001 Ford Taurus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

The car has worked for what we needed, but every summer so far something has broken with the air conditioner and had to be repaired (Buy the extended warranty!). My Taurus has to be aligned about every 6-12 months. It is roomy and comfortable and the engine has held up quite well. I'm not impressed with the fuel economy. Be sure and get all rebates and don't pay too much for the vehicle and don't count on good trade in value as these vehicles along with most American made ones do not hold their value well at all.

Perfect Vehicle!
By Ford King on 04/24/05 17:43 PM (PDT)

2001 Ford Taurus Sedan SES 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This is my second Taurus SES. I tried to go to a sports car again and I decided I wanted the Taurus instead. I really enjoy the drive and the way it rides. The side airbags and ABS are very good options to have. My favorite option is the traction control. This option has helped me in some tricky situations especially in the snow. I have never gotten stuck in the snow even when ten inches deep. I will probably always want to have a Taurus until I am ready to purchase a Five Hundred or until I get tired of my Explorer. This is a lot of car for not much money and will last forever!