Used 2001 Ford Taurus Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Ford Taurus - Consumer Reviews

2001 Ford Taurus Sedan

View reviews for a specific Taurus model:

166,000 and still going with the DOHC mo
By ElmerPudd

2001 Ford Taurus Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my 2001 Taurus in 2002 w/ 14K miles. Today it has 166K miles and the DOHC keeps giving and giving. I have the special SEL interior w/ digital air/heat controls, 6 CD disc change stock w/ excellent audio sound. Even the to DOHC isn't the fastet pig on the street, it will get up to speed rather quickly and muscle down the best of them when need be.

Favorite Features

Leather interior, visibility.

Suggested Improvements

Headlights stink and so do the brakes. I've replaced the brakes and front rotors at least 4 times in the time I've own this animal. You have to pace yourself a bit with this car because brake fade is excessive when stopping and going a lot. Can't believe Ford stuck drums on the back of an SEL.

No Bull About It!
By dirtbroker

2001 Ford Taurus Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Purchased 2001 SEL 24valve DOHC w/ 41K...now 108k...not a bad ride...reliable...expect to rack up another 30k...hopefully, I'll make it and then dump it...I hate cars...it gets me from Pt. A to Pt. B...simply it's transportation...I might treat myself to a better car...because I've earned it....Lexus LS 460 or BMW 535 xi or MB E350.

Solid Car
By Rossi

2001 Ford Taurus Sedan SES 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Purchased this car used in 2002 with 26,000 miles on it. Now had 185,000 and the engine still runs like new. Still has the original muffler and exhaust system, this is amazing for Vermont. The undercarriage has very little rust. Only trouble spots are the rear wheel wells which nee body work at this point. Front Rotors warp when replace with original equipment, but once I change to a premium rotor from another company, no problems with the rotors. On the whole this has been a great car with low maintenance. Looking to replace with another Ford with the same 3.0 liter 6. This thing is a work horse.

Suggested Improvements

Better original equipment rotors. Need to solve rear wheel well rust problem.

I love it
By greenville sc

2001 Ford Taurus Sedan SES 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I just love my Taurus! I am now having to put it to rest due to the transmission giving out on my. I really want to repair but it would not be worth it to put in $2000 and then have other problems start happening. I will be at the Ford dealership to purchase another. Sadden...

Favorite Features

Handling

Love my Taurus
By PAT

2001 Ford Taurus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I own a "supposed" luxury car as well as my Ford Taurus. There is no comparison between the Ford and my other car. The other vehicle cost twice as much new and is a piece of junk. The Ford has over 100,000 miles on it and I have not had to make any major repairs. It is a reliable car that is worth every penny that I spent for it.