Used 2001 Ford Taurus Consumer Reviews - 134 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Ford Taurus - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Taurus model:

Best sedan ever
By enlistedman

2001 Ford Taurus SES 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This was my first car I got her in late 2000 it had 200 miles on it. Currently it has over 300k. I will not ever sell this I have everything she came with almost 10 yrs ago when shes clean she looks just as sweet as the day I got her. With her dark blue flawless paint job and her stock aluminum rims I have people ask if its for sale and how many miles are on her I tell them and watch there jaws drop shes never been in the shop ever I will die with her in my possession Ford knows how to make them blue oval fan for life!

Handling, appearance, body style, stock rims, dark blue paint, room, adjustable pedals, safety features, gear shift in center console not on steering column, price. 300k miles without anything under the hood being replaced or worked on

something a little bigger than a 3.0

Very Very Impressed!
By SkiGuy1982

2001 Ford Taurus SE 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Bought this car because I couldn't afford to drive my Tahoe every day anymore at $4.00 per gallon... and Didn't want to give up the utility of the Tahoe. This wagon had 57k on it when I bought it and has 126k on it now. Runs the interstate well at 85, gets 25 mpg, AC is ice cold, heater could be better. Once I got rid of the continental tires and put on GoodYear Triple Treads, this car handles like a race car and will handle all the snow with ease. Have driven to colorado in winter, and florida for vacation few few times and never had any problems. Everything still works. Will keep till it dies!

Stock stereo is really good... seats are very comfortable, wagon will hold just about anything. Feels heavy and safe. Stops on a dime. 3.0 Pushrod engine just keeps running.

No low end grunt when starting out, It had a TAPE PLAYER... NO CD? (you have to be kidding!) Better shocks in back to handle heavy cargo.

Good used vehicle for the money
By Jason

2001 Ford Taurus SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I needed something cheap right away to go to school and work, so I got this car for $1500, 150k miles, I wasnt expecting much, car drives great, I take it on road trips, I put into it 25k miles this year. I had to change the starter (oil filter leaks into it if not installed properly). Other than that just keep servicing the tranny and engine and this car would treat you good.

Confortable seats, HUGE trunk space. Has good heat.

City gas mileage. Overdrive highway is not too bad for a car this size. Engineers should place the oil filter somewhere else rather than on top of STARTER!!. When it leaks it won't start!

166,000 and still going with the DOHC mo
By ElmerPudd

2001 Ford Taurus SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my 2001 Taurus in 2002 w/ 14K miles. Today it has 166K miles and the DOHC keeps giving and giving. I have the special SEL interior w/ digital air/heat controls, 6 CD disc change stock w/ excellent audio sound. Even the to DOHC isn't the fastet pig on the street, it will get up to speed rather quickly and muscle down the best of them when need be.

Leather interior, visibility.

Headlights stink and so do the brakes. I've replaced the brakes and front rotors at least 4 times in the time I've own this animal. You have to pace yourself a bit with this car because brake fade is excessive when stopping and going a lot. Can't believe Ford stuck drums on the back of an SEL.

No Bull About It!
By dirtbroker

2001 Ford Taurus SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Purchased 2001 SEL 24valve DOHC w/ 41K...now 108k...not a bad ride...reliable...expect to rack up another 30k...hopefully, I'll make it and then dump it...I hate cars...it gets me from Pt. A to Pt. B...simply it's transportation...I might treat myself to a better car...because I've earned it....Lexus LS 460 or BMW 535 xi or MB E350.