Used 2001 Ford Taurus Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Ford Taurus - Consumer Reviews

2001 Ford Taurus

View reviews for a specific Taurus model:

Good car
By sal

2001 Ford Taurus SES 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Really Great car for the price i got this car. ford did a great job with this car.

Favorite Features

the body of the car

Suggested Improvements

better brakes i put really good brakes on my car. well the last owner or since the car came out they never replace the brakes or rotor

poor gas mileage at sea level
By David

2001 Ford Taurus SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

nice little car - was getting 24-26 mpg at 6000 feet elevation but moved to Dallas and am getting only 19 for similar (no mountains now) type of driving. Am wondering what gives. It passes inspections fine. Power steering might be going out.

Favorite Features

cruise control

Suggested Improvements

dashboard hard to read (steering wheel) put gas recep on driver's side

Best sedan ever
By enlistedman

2001 Ford Taurus SES 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This was my first car I got her in late 2000 it had 200 miles on it. Currently it has over 300k. I will not ever sell this I have everything she came with almost 10 yrs ago when shes clean she looks just as sweet as the day I got her. With her dark blue flawless paint job and her stock aluminum rims I have people ask if its for sale and how many miles are on her I tell them and watch there jaws drop shes never been in the shop ever I will die with her in my possession Ford knows how to make them blue oval fan for life!

Favorite Features

Handling, appearance, body style, stock rims, dark blue paint, room, adjustable pedals, safety features, gear shift in center console not on steering column, price. 300k miles without anything under the hood being replaced or worked on

Suggested Improvements

something a little bigger than a 3.0

Very Very Impressed!
By SkiGuy1982

2001 Ford Taurus SE 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Bought this car because I couldn't afford to drive my Tahoe every day anymore at $4.00 per gallon... and Didn't want to give up the utility of the Tahoe. This wagon had 57k on it when I bought it and has 126k on it now. Runs the interstate well at 85, gets 25 mpg, AC is ice cold, heater could be better. Once I got rid of the continental tires and put on GoodYear Triple Treads, this car handles like a race car and will handle all the snow with ease. Have driven to colorado in winter, and florida for vacation few few times and never had any problems. Everything still works. Will keep till it dies!

Favorite Features

Stock stereo is really good... seats are very comfortable, wagon will hold just about anything. Feels heavy and safe. Stops on a dime. 3.0 Pushrod engine just keeps running.

Suggested Improvements

No low end grunt when starting out, It had a TAPE PLAYER... NO CD? (you have to be kidding!) Better shocks in back to handle heavy cargo.

Good used vehicle for the money
By Jason

2001 Ford Taurus SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I needed something cheap right away to go to school and work, so I got this car for $1500, 150k miles, I wasnt expecting much, car drives great, I take it on road trips, I put into it 25k miles this year. I had to change the starter (oil filter leaks into it if not installed properly). Other than that just keep servicing the tranny and engine and this car would treat you good.

Favorite Features

Confortable seats, HUGE trunk space. Has good heat.

Suggested Improvements

City gas mileage. Overdrive highway is not too bad for a car this size. Engineers should place the oil filter somewhere else rather than on top of STARTER!!. When it leaks it won't start!