2001 Ford Taurus - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Taurus model:
Mediocre
By Vibula on 06/19/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Ford Taurus SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

While the features have greatly improved over the 2000 lack luster interior design. The Taurus has great dependibility. The quality of interior materials used are sub-par I believe a little more effort and this could be better fixed. The clothe seats shed, and the automatic gear selector console is made of cheap plastic the seperates from it's molding under heat. I've noticed a irritating buzzing at highway speeds, it sound like a bee buzzing against the glass. I think something has come loose outside.

It's Hard To Believe it's a Taurus!
By Zanne on 06/05/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Ford Taurus SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I really love my Taurus. I was lucky to be able to purchase the SEL and it is sooo sporty! Everyone comments on how they can't believe it's a Taurus! The seats are so comfortable and there is plenty of leg room in the back seat. I definitely made the right choice when I bought it!

Buy a Chevrolet Impala.
By keibieone on 05/24/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Ford Taurus SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

The 3.0 Vulcan V6 engine belongs in a compact car. The pick up is sluggish and it has no top end. Other V6 base model Midsize Sedans such as the Chevrolet Impala and the Dodge Intrepid simply blow you away on the expressways. My 2001 Taurus has had a front end vibration from the date of purchase. After many visits to several dealerships for this and other issues, I've simply given up and decided to live with my regretful decision for having purchased this car. I've had the pleasure of driving a 2001 Chevrolet Impala recently, and what an all around positive difference.

Good Car For the Money
By Taurus Owner Houston on 05/08/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Ford Taurus SES 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Overall the car has met our needs: husband, wife, 2 kids. We drive it all over town and some out of town trips as well. All of us fit comfotably in the car. The price was right. Nice family car. I do not regret the purchase.

The Taurus is NOT just for families!
By C~Dawg on 05/04/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Ford Taurus SES 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I'm 20 years old and I'm in love with my Taurus. Folks, it's not just a family sedan anymore. It's fun to drive, it's very responsive and it's all-around cool. Ford did an excellent job when they revamped th body, because it's absolutely gorgeous. The silly bubble light brakes are gone; now the back of the car looks like something more expensive than a Ford. It's EXCELLENT on gas for a V6. I can get a good 280 miles (city) before I have to fill up. It's very roomy; there's ample trunk space...did I mention it's fun to drive?!

MATT (FORMER "JEEP A HOLIC")
By MATT on 04/10/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Ford Taurus SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I DROVE A JEEP TJ FOR A YEAR THEN BOUGHT THE NEW FORD TAURUS AND IT IS GREAT, IT HAS POWER, COMFORT, AND LOOKS.. OVER ALL LOOKS LIKE ITS GOING TO BE A REALLY GOOD CAR. JUST GOING TO MISS THE 4 WHELL DRIVE.

Tauras worst car ever owned
By mms on 04/06/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Ford Taurus SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

The 2001 Tauras SE is the most uncomfortable car I've ever been in. My back actually hurts from sitting in that brick hard seat. Pick up is horrible, I would never try to pass on a two lane highway. I get stuck behind a school bus and I can just plan on staying there. Sound system is pitiful. It rides horrible, you feel every bump and its loud. I have a GMC Sierra truck that rides smoother and is much more comfortable. I hate the tauras and try not to drive it as much as possible.

Taurus model Ho Hum
By JR Cook on 04/02/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Ford Taurus SES 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This is a good looking body style, the interior is basic at best, very hard seats and a rough ride. We just got rid of a 92 Taurus with 153000 miles and runs great. The 92 is also snappier then my 2001. The 2001 has a strange feeling when shifting from 1st to 2nd. It also ate the first cd I put in it, and the replacement radio is on back order. How great. In closing I wish we would of got a Regal or Intrigue.

Not so hot Taurus
By Brian on 03/17/02 12:06 PM (PST)

2001 Ford Taurus LX 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

The performance of my Taurus is awful. When I hit the gas the vehicle always feels like it has to downshift to get going. Maybe this due to my transmisson, it is only my 2nd one so far. This is a company vehicle & others in our fleet is having the same problems. Other than the performance the vehicle is ok. The interior is a little boring, but I can live with it.

Good value and good car.
By scdlin on 03/09/02 20:03 PM (PST)

2001 Ford Taurus SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This car is worth looking. Too bad many people just turned away to Japanese imports. It's spacious, and the engine power is very adequate. Considering the tire size, it is actually very quiet. The interior and exterior design all come with taste. And all of these come with very reasonable price. I will strongly recommend this model as well as 2002 Taurus (basically the same) to any friend who is considering buying a new car.