Used 2001 Ford Taurus SES Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Ford Taurus Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Taurus model:

broke and stressed out
By stressedout2

2001 Ford Taurus Sedan SES 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I got my 2001 ford Taurus s.e.s. model in 2013 with 132 thousand miles-NOW-169 SCARED TO DRIVE THIS CAR......I have spent 6 thousand on repairs.it started every 3 months it needed another repair. now the car last every 3 weeks and another grand to fix it everyone who has worked on this car said you have to take the hole engine out to get to parts or they have to go through the dash.TRYED TO GET ALIGNMENT they could only do front the back is welded together so you cant get a full alignment.always runs hot. I have never had sooo many problems with a car.I see reviews on ford tauarus and it says reliable haha not the ses model.when you see this car run F.o.r.d. found on road dead.A RUST BUCKET

SEATS ARE SOFT SO I CAN WAIT FOR A TOW TRUCK

RECALL ALL S.E.S. MODELS AND START FROM SCRATCH....................................................

Might as well just flush all your money down the toilet
By hawkeye25

2001 Ford Taurus Sedan SES 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

To be fair, I have heard people say that they've gotten nearly 300k with few problems, but that was not my experience. I bought mine with 105,000, thinking it would be good for a few years. Not long after the transmission failed. When I called the transmission shop asking about my Taurus, the mechanic said, "Which one, I have seven here," so I'm guessing this happens often. In the two years I've owned it it's been in the shop at least once a month. I've spent over twice the purchase price in repairs. I would caution you not to buy this car. A Honda or Toyota with twice the mileage is still a better buy.

Comfortable (which is good cause you'll be sitting in it alot waiting for tow trucks)lots of trunk space, no-brainer layout. The bench seat in the front is great.

Needs a more reliable transmission. Parts are generally low quality and do not last long. Headlights are very dim and difficult to see out of.

Trash.
By cfscreamer

2001 Ford Taurus Sedan SES 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I'm 50, have owned many a vehicle in my time on earth, and this "car" has turned out to be the worst I've ever owned. There are very few items on this car that have NOT failed at least once, and I can't describe everything that has failed in 700 characters. It has gotten so bad, that I will not even give it to charity, nor anybody else. I am planning to simply drive it into a lake and video it. Nobody should ever be subjected to all of it's flaws. Do NOT buy this model. I'll never, ever touch another Ford again as long as I live.

The one or two things that didn't break or fail. The windshield wipers and maybe the ashtray.

For Ford to go out of business for giving the public such trash.

Mixed Review
By honeybadgeriv

2001 Ford Taurus Sedan SES 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

As a whole its a very reliable car. I have come across a few issues such as the coolant tanks poor design cracking under Georgia summer heat, and transmission issues. As you might imagine look at any other car review and everyone claims that particular car is plagued. It has a surprising get up and go that you wouldn't expect from grandmas car but Ford seems to pull that off with most of their sedans. I love this car and honestly will be very sad when its gone. Recommended for first car buyers. Since i fixed the first issues I've had none others... 40k miles ago.

Its all about the person I love old school JDM cars from the 70's as well as 50's-70's American Muscle, that being said there is something very appealing to me about this car, it's really a good looking car with more conservative style aftermarket wheels its even more impressive for the old lady car factor the car has. Interior is great, my only modification was updating sound.

better MPG for city driving.

Reliable overall
By csflint

2001 Ford Taurus Sedan SES 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Every car has its quirks... for mine, it's been the front end. I've replaced so many driveaxles, front brake components, etc that it's become an annual chore. That said, my Taurus has taken me through EVERY kind of situation with no complaint. It's been scraped over desert flatrock, towed a U-haul weighing twice as much as itself 1500 miles, crossed country several times, and attacked by wildlife (bears, deer), idiots (Satan, the semi driver) and shopping carts. We're at 168k, and easily looking at another 100-150k - if i don't replace it with something more roomy for long trips. So far, though, i haven't found another vehicle that feels so cozy/sturdy/willing.

Comfort Reliability Easy to work on