2001 Ford Taurus Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Taurus model:
Trash.
By cfscreamer on 12/19/13 17:08 PM (PST)

2001 Ford Taurus Sedan SES 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I'm 50, have owned many a vehicle in my time on earth, and this "car" has turned out to be the worst I've ever owned. There are very few items on this car that have NOT failed at least once, and I can't describe everything that has failed in 700 characters. It has gotten so bad, that I will not even give it to charity, nor anybody else. I am planning to simply drive it into a lake and video it. Nobody should ever be subjected to all of it's flaws. Do NOT buy this model. I'll never, ever touch another Ford again as long as I live.

Mixed Review
By honeybadgeriv on 08/15/12 17:22 PM (PDT)

2001 Ford Taurus Sedan SES 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

As a whole its a very reliable car. I have come across a few issues such as the coolant tanks poor design cracking under Georgia summer heat, and transmission issues. As you might imagine look at any other car review and everyone claims that particular car is plagued. It has a surprising get up and go that you wouldn't expect from grandmas car but Ford seems to pull that off with most of their sedans. I love this car and honestly will be very sad when its gone. Recommended for first car buyers. Since i fixed the first issues I've had none others... 40k miles ago.

Reliable overall
By csflint on 03/18/12 14:51 PM (PDT)

2001 Ford Taurus Sedan SES 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Every car has its quirks... for mine, it's been the front end. I've replaced so many driveaxles, front brake components, etc that it's become an annual chore. That said, my Taurus has taken me through EVERY kind of situation with no complaint. It's been scraped over desert flatrock, towed a U-haul weighing twice as much as itself 1500 miles, crossed country several times, and attacked by wildlife (bears, deer), idiots (Satan, the semi driver) and shopping carts. We're at 168k, and easily looking at another 100-150k - if i don't replace it with something more roomy for long trips. So far, though, i haven't found another vehicle that feels so cozy/sturdy/willing.

Bland but dependable
By curtis on 11/23/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Ford Taurus Sedan SES 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Bought 1 yr old w/5000 miles now at 155k drove in wi 4 yrs az 5 yrs replaced brake rotors at 80k, (use premium or they will warp) ac compressor at 125k, starter at 100k, head gaskets at 130k, radiator at 150k all in all a good car I liked the bland style thieves and cops don't seem to see it.

Reliable 24V Taurus
By hotrod on 10/08/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Ford Taurus Sedan SES 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I've owned 3 tauruses and am considering buying a new sho. I fix cars for a living and hate working on my own so I don't buy cars that have troubles. You name the car and I've worked on it. My 2001 Taurus 24v has been more reliable than many of my customers hondas and toyotas or nissans. With 167k on the clock and counting my wife drives 12 miles each way to work every day. We take the car on road trips of 500 miles or more at a time and have never had a failure of any thing and I don't drive the car like grandma either. Our last tuarus was a 90'sho 5 spd that had 270,000 miles on it when we sold it.

What a dud
By Zac on 08/28/10 17:59 PM (PDT)

2001 Ford Taurus Sedan SES 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car as my first car about 3 and a half years ago. As soon as I finished paying it off, it started having one major problem after another. I liked driving the car while it worked, but all too often it didn't. I have only put ~16k miles on it since January '07 and I've had 3 major breakdowns with it. Kept regular maintenance on it, the car was just a dud. I wouldn't even recommend this car to my enemies, I'm not that cruel.

Good car
By sal on 05/27/10 18:35 PM (PDT)

2001 Ford Taurus Sedan SES 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Really Great car for the price i got this car. ford did a great job with this car.

Best sedan ever
By enlistedman on 03/26/10 17:08 PM (PDT)

2001 Ford Taurus Sedan SES 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This was my first car I got her in late 2000 it had 200 miles on it. Currently it has over 300k. I will not ever sell this I have everything she came with almost 10 yrs ago when shes clean she looks just as sweet as the day I got her. With her dark blue flawless paint job and her stock aluminum rims I have people ask if its for sale and how many miles are on her I tell them and watch there jaws drop shes never been in the shop ever I will die with her in my possession Ford knows how to make them blue oval fan for life!

Solid Car
By Rossi on 11/08/09 16:04 PM (PST)

2001 Ford Taurus Sedan SES 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Purchased this car used in 2002 with 26,000 miles on it. Now had 185,000 and the engine still runs like new. Still has the original muffler and exhaust system, this is amazing for Vermont. The undercarriage has very little rust. Only trouble spots are the rear wheel wells which nee body work at this point. Front Rotors warp when replace with original equipment, but once I change to a premium rotor from another company, no problems with the rotors. On the whole this has been a great car with low maintenance. Looking to replace with another Ford with the same 3.0 liter 6. This thing is a work horse.

I love it
By greenville sc on 10/20/09 09:12 AM (PDT)

2001 Ford Taurus Sedan SES 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I just love my Taurus! I am now having to put it to rest due to the transmission giving out on my. I really want to repair but it would not be worth it to put in $2000 and then have other problems start happening. I will be at the Ford dealership to purchase another. Sadden...