2001 Ford Taurus - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Taurus model:
Sad it had to go
By mczachary on 06/22/13 11:02 AM (PDT)

2001 Ford Taurus LX 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my Taurus in 2009 with 160,000 miles on the odometer. I racked up 60,000 miles by the time 2013 rolled around. The only problems I ever had were maintenance. Tires, O2 sensor, Coil pack and thats it. While I drove it I hit a giant deer with it, didnt affect anything at all. It's the best car I've owned. I had to get rid of it recently because once it reached 220,000 miles the engine began loosing oil pressure from being worn out. Sold it to my brother and it hasn't died yet! I was very satisfied with what I got out of it.

Lots of issues.......
By gamgirl31 on 06/20/11 07:11 AM (PDT)

2001 Ford Taurus LX 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I have had this car since September of 2005 and very disappointed. Many things have needed to be replaced including a new engine in 2007, alternator, coil springs, rotors (keep warping), front and rear suspension, miscellaneous hoses, belts, etc.

01 Taurus LX
By 2bee on 05/06/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Ford Taurus LX 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

We should have spent time researching about this vehicle. I regret for spontaneous purchase of this vehicle. The most I should have done was waited to purchase either an SEL or SES for the same price or less. Failed air bags during a front impact, clunking noise in front suspension during a turn or braking and worned thread on wiper arm. I'd noticed a poor pick-up during acceleration and the air conditioning pauses during acceleration. To protect us from any future major expenses after manufacture warranty expires, we had purchased an extended warranty.

Not so hot Taurus
By Brian on 03/17/02 12:06 PM (PST)

2001 Ford Taurus LX 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

The performance of my Taurus is awful. When I hit the gas the vehicle always feels like it has to downshift to get going. Maybe this due to my transmisson, it is only my 2nd one so far. This is a company vehicle & others in our fleet is having the same problems. Other than the performance the vehicle is ok. The interior is a little boring, but I can live with it.