Roomy but no power
By maryann on
2000 Ford Taurus SE 4dr Wagon
We needed a roomier car than my Honda Accord for our growing family. The Taurus wagon was a great fit for all four plus a 50 lb. dog. I was grateful for selecting it over an SUV when we avoided a head on collision through emergency handling in New Brunswick Canada. The car was loaded for a 2-week vacation with luggage carrier on top. We absolutely would have rolled over in an SUV. The car (and driver) performed beautifully under extreme conditions. Negatives: this car eats brake pads for lunch and I'm no pedal to the metal driver, no rabbit starts and stops. On several occasions, the car has stalled on the highway and no mechanic has been able to diagnose the problem.
Favorite Features
Best features include storage, visibility, passenger capacity (8!), emergency handling.
Suggested Improvements
Interior locking gas cap should be on all vehicles. All of my Hondas had this feature. I bought a locking gas cap, but it was a pain using the key in frigid temperatures! The engine is under powered and gas mileage is poor. Ford needs to use more durable material for brake pads.