2000 Ford Taurus Consumer Review: Prayerfully on borrowed time.

2000 Ford Taurus - Consumer Review

2000 Ford Taurus

SE Wagon (3.0L V6 4-speed Automatic)

Prayerfully on borrowed time.
By Susie Q on

2000 Ford Taurus SE 4dr Wagon

I bought this car new because Ford offered me a deal on my dead 4 year old Windstar. 8 Yrs later, it now has 226k miles on it (everything works). Need I say more? It gets 30 mpg on the hwy. Always used Mobile 1. Replaced the brakes annually due to driving hard and often. A few sensor problems. As precaution replaced the S belt at 100k. Mechanically sound & no big issues other than suspension wear & tear. My kids are driving their own cars now & other than wanting a fun car to drive, I can't justify replacing it. (the kids borrow the Taurus when their cars breakdown-go figure!) I'm hoping & praying she makes it to 300k miles. I'll let you know when she does!

Comfortable on long drives. Peppy engine 24v-tec. Seats 8, which was great when I was driving kids. Good gas mileage. When new, it was 'almost' stylish for a wagon.

One huge complaint! I have leather seats, power seats, 3rd row seat, but no CD player, only a radio and cassette player. This was tough on long trips. What were they thinking?

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review
By nmikmik
on 07/13/12 18:18 PM (PDT)

At the rate you are driving you should have about 300k on it. Do you? How it going so far? Thx