2000 Ford Taurus Consumer Review: Car with most mileage I've eve

2000 Ford Taurus - Consumer Review

SE Sedan (3.0L V6 4-speed Automatic)

Car with most mileage I've ever owed!
By Gloria on

2000 Ford Taurus SE 4dr Sedan

I drove this car for 1 year as a company car before purchasing it. In a not so stable economy in 2006 I purchased this car with 147,000 miles. I have been literally amazed by the durability and performance. Other than routine oil changes and preventive maintanance I have spent very little. I drive long distance miles with the company I work for and I get 29 miles per gallon. That's better mileage than most new cars. I had always driven small cars before this purchase and always new. So this car has simply changed my mind about trends. It now has 201,000 miles on it and 9 years old. And so far, so good.

I've simply gotten spoiled with the power windows, power seats, and especially cruise control which none of my other cars has had. I love the smoothness of the ride. You really feel safe.

I've owned 3 Fords including this one and I've noticed they all have the same problem, ignition lock up. Temporary solution is to turn the steering wheel back and forth until it unlocks. This issue definitely needs to addressing and needs to be fixed going forward.