2000 Ford Taurus Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Taurus model:
Love my Taurus
By jeffef on 03/08/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Ford Taurus Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan

Overall i have found this car to be an exceptional value. Roomy and comfortable, it is one of my more favorite cars.

2000 Taurus SE
By barlamech on 02/08/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Ford Taurus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

Some defects, which were corrected under warranty. My dealer's garage, Montmorency Ford, Brossard, Quebec, is very good. I'd prefer, however, to have a car that doesn't need warranty repair.

Great performance!
By liljen28 on 02/07/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Ford Taurus Sedan SES 4dr Sedan

Have had this vehicle 2 years now, 30K,and have enjoyed it! Was very reliable on 3,000 mile road trip last year, no problems, but getting a little worried with a third recall on this car.

JUNK!
By Dube22 on 02/05/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Ford Taurus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

Many problems. Wind noise problems constantly. Front end vibration problems. Replaced all tires at 20000km. Went through 4 sets of front rotors. Had front stabilizers replaced twice. Sensors malfunctioned. Brake interlock malfunctioned,..etc...etc! I would not recommend this car to anyone no matter how good of a deal it is!

SEL
By dyrsannas on 01/16/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Ford Taurus Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan

A great car!

Taurus Underated
By Carl Knechtel on 12/19/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Ford Taurus Sedan SES 4dr Sedan

Mine is the SES model with the 200 hp V- 6. I now have 36,000 miles on the vehicle and have had no problems. Can't understand why Consumers' Report does not seem to like this car much. It is a lot of car for the money and very dependable.

Quality Car
By Seeker on 12/19/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Ford Taurus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

Its a great car for every day travel and road trips. I would like to see an sho model in the future though.

Driver Discomfort
By wildturkeyhh on 12/14/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Ford Taurus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

We find the driver seat very uncomfortable as cannot stretch out my leg due to the hump on the left side. I have to place my leg in an uncomfortable position under the brake pedal. Otherwise we find the vehicle easy to handle and maintenance repairs have been very minor and acceptable. Nice car.

An underated Yank!!!
By Ponsonby on 11/23/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Ford Taurus Sedan SES 4dr Sedan

Being a Brit now living in Kansas City with my Kansan Wife. I have looked really carefully at buying a larger car to compliment our 2.4 Litre Grand-Am for longer journeys. I wanted something that had reasonable performance (200 bhp is enough with your strict speed code here), an overhead cam engine for less friction and better fuel consumption and reliability, plus ease of servce and parts availability. The overall impression of the car is that I am really pleased with it. Typically with a 4 valve engine, you have to rev it mid-range , but where a pushrod engine fades out at about 5000 r.p.m, this kiddy starts getting interesting.

Nice looking, but poor ride/quality.
By akeeney on 11/12/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Ford Taurus Sedan SES 4dr Sedan

Problems with this vehicle from the start and none of the dealerships (3 total) can seem to fix them: loud brake and wind noises, door rattle, vibration between 40-50 mph, paint defects when delivered from factory. Many other "minor" issues which took weeks to correct. Ford Motor Co (consumer assistance)has been no help.