2000 Ford Taurus - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Taurus model:
Used Ford Taurus
By John Cole on 04/16/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Taurus SE 4dr Sedan

This car has been reliable. I had a handful of minor dealer solved problems when the car was new. After that the car has been perfect. NEVER BUY THIS CAR NEW. It was a deal for me at the start. Since then I've been upside down on payment ever since. I would strongly reccomend getting one a few years old from a private seller. This car has the worst depreciation. It is because you see them everywhere and most folks are looking for something unique. Dealers have a tough time selling them for this reason.

2000 Taurus Se
By Heidi76 on 03/29/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Ford Taurus SE 4dr Sedan

I love this car. It is a little sporty, has a lot of room and handles well.

Very Impressive Record
By sorpa on 01/30/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Ford Taurus SE 4dr Sedan

Incredible reliability over the years. There was never a day that the engine or transmission missed a beat even in twenty below zero Canadian cold. The only problems ever encountered in 165,000 miles(264,000KM)were warped brake rotors, front sway bar links clicking and a hardened and cracked windshield washer line. Of course I had to change a few light bulbs and adhered to scheduled maintenance, but that's all that has ever failed! I am hanging on to this car and have my fingers crossed...

Better than a Minivan!
By L.A. on 01/07/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Ford Taurus SE 4dr Wagon

I have bought my first Tarus,a couple of days ago.Its great for a family car.I have more room in it than the minivan that I traded it on.I will not go back to a minivan and I will stay with a wagon.Its quiet running,I have plenty of room for groceries or weekend trips.Believe me with 3 little girls you need all the room you can get with all the toys we drag around.

My 2000 Taurus
By hardy54 on 01/06/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Ford Taurus SE 4dr Sedan

My 2000 Taurus has been excellent in reliability. I have never had to call someone to come and start the car, etc. It has "wind" noise which is due to the design of the car. That should be fixed in the 2004 cars, hopefully. We have been very satisfied with our Taurus. We receive numerous comments on what a pretty and nice car.

4 years & time to sell
By rwarrenw on 12/27/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Ford Taurus SEL 4dr Sedan

Drove this car hard the first two years, then backed off to normal. Major disappointment when I had to replace A/C compressor at 76,000 miles and 3 years of age!

What is all the fuss about?
By Cheapo on 12/21/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Ford Taurus LX 4dr Sedan

Bought this car new because of the less than invoice 'ad' in the paper. Car has been great except resale. Now has 49k and no repairs, just keeps purring along. Only complaint is engine pings in winter. Maybe because it is an LX, I have no options that can go wrong.

A good car that stills need improvement.
By MLIEB on 12/06/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Ford Taurus SE 4dr Sedan

This is the 4th Taurus I've owned, though may be the last unless some improvements are made in the base power and noise level Not as nice as the '93 LX I owned but much quieter than the '97 (sold after 2 weeks because of unbearable road and engine noise). A very sporty feel and tight suspension makes it a fun car to drive with a feeling of safety and comfort. Car has a cozy yet sporty feel. The 155hp Vulcan engine is underpowered, but does get you moving and is "adequate." (I've tested the 200hp Duratec engine which is like a rocket.) Paid $3300 from a dealer, and I consider it a very good deal. But would not buy another one without improvments.

Black Tauras
By sheri&chuck on 11/10/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Ford Taurus SEL 4dr Sedan

I have had little to no problem with the Ford Tauras. I drive 70 miles to work a day, and have a wonderful relaxing ride. I love this car.

taurus review
By 4th taurus on 11/04/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Ford Taurus SES 4dr Sedan

Brakes a problem, squeal, noises in rear, front roters warp often, brake light comes on.