Used 2000 Ford Taurus Consumer Reviews - 145 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Ford Taurus - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Taurus model:

Great Car!
By LOVE THIS CAR!!!

2000 Ford Taurus SE 4dr Wagon

I bought my first 2000 Taurus in '05 and feel in love with this car! Drove it for year and a half with no mechanical problems at all, my first one got totaled this winter, and I bought another 2000 Taurus because I loved my first one so much, you can't get a better car for the money! It's got tons of room for hauling my dogs and my kids around, and I love the third seat!

Power seats, locks, and windows, third seat in back, and handles very nicely even on slick roads.

Start making them again! Ford finally makes a decent car and they they discontinue it!

Fantastic Car
By rmw313

2000 Ford Taurus SES 4dr Sedan

I've had this car for about 1 1/2 years. It now has 90,000 miles and I never had any problems with it. I love this car. It's so much fun to drive. The only drawback is the fuel economy. I usually get about 22 mpg. But other than that this is an amazing car!

The power of the 24v DOHC engine!

Better fuel economy.

Loved it!
By Maverick

2000 Ford Taurus SE 4dr Sedan

I bought mine with 36K for $6000. I had minor niggles with the car. 1 month after I bought the car, realized that oil gasket had a leak but the problem was not serious. Occasionally the car smoked but the problem never got out of hand. I got tires changed at 40K and brakes changed at about 60K. Steering squeaks (heard many such complaints about the model). I had the "check engine" light at about 70K - problem with DPFEP valve but the light went away before I could get it repaired. Overall I did not have serious issues with the car. The car was fun to ride. No matter how long I drove I never felt tired. Wrecked it at 80K - now I am unable to resist buying another Taurus.

Elegant looks and comfort.

Well, they stopped making it now but from reading many reviews and experiencing, fuel gauge, brakes and steering need to be improved

great performing sedan
By walt

2000 Ford Taurus SE 4dr Sedan

Leased then bought this 2000 Taurus. 24 valve DOC engine. Flat out flies. Drive 50 miles round trip to work. Have loved this car--now has over 110K on it and performs like new. No tune up until 98K. Power seat, power mirrors are great. Not kidding--even with all those miles--runs like new. Have replaced struts and front springs, but that was after 100K.

Got the better stereo from factory - worth it. Great acceleration from 24V engine. High crash rating--got optional side air bags--never needed, but makes you feel safer. I take immaculate care of this car inside and out. After washing and polishing the car looks brand new.

Why in the world did Ford quit making such a nice car?

Good bang for the buck
By mostlytoyo

2000 Ford Taurus SE 4dr Wagon

Bought this wagon for an airport car. It was very cheap and in good condition. Drives nicely and is a much quicker car than my '97 Sable due to the DOHC engine. Good visibility and only minor repairs so far. Great highway mileage.

Engine, storage.