2000 Ford Taurus Consumer Reviews 7

2000 Ford Taurus - Consumer Reviews

2000 Ford Taurus LX 4dr Sedan

View reviews for a specific Taurus model:
Ok vehicle, but get a cheap mechanic!
By dirtyone on 03/28/05 11:15 AM (PST)

2000 Ford Taurus SES 4dr Sedan

The SE/SVG looks good, inside & out, but underneath there are some pretty expensive repairs waiting to creep up on you: just after buying this car, had to bring it back in (with dealer plates still attached!) because condensation from the heater/a/c unit leaked water all over the front passenger side floor. Dealer tried to charge $800+ to fix & then I had to bring it right back in to get them to fix it completely; chirping noise from front wheels was never correctly diagnosed - front rotors were shot, had to get private garage to fix, probably saved me $250+ than having incompetent Ford dealer try to fix it; steering wheel shakes around 60 mph & when braking from 60+ down to ~30; little things kill this car.

Good Value
By MC on 01/14/05 16:59 PM (PST)

2000 Ford Taurus SE 4dr Wagon

I have just turned 100,000 miles on my 2000 Taurus wagon with the Duratec engine. It has been very reliable. Only had it in the shop twice- battery died at about 25K (warranty) and fuel pump went at 90K. Outside of these, just routine maintenance. I drive a lot of highway miles so I get good mileage out of brakes and tires. Brake rotors are thin and need to be changed when pads are changed. All in all, I got good value for my buck.

Don't keep it too long....
By suzieQ on 12/11/04 11:33 AM (PST)

2000 Ford Taurus SES 4dr Sedan

Bought it with 32K miles, ran great for two years. Due to bad gaskets it now it has major cooling system problems that will require replacement of the entire system. (Heater core, water pump, radiator, etc.) Have been told by 3 different repair shops that this is a common problem for the Taurus, and any repairs I make will most likely need to be repeated after a year or two. This is my second Taurus & both have had transmission issues around 100K as well. Value on this car depreciates quickly too! Not a great investment.

Taurus among the masses
By alaituri on 10/07/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Taurus SE 4dr Sedan

Generally a good basic car. I like the styling and the way it handles, although the base V6 is a bit under powered. Interior comfortable enough, back seat a little small for adults. Gas gauge no longer works reliably. Mechanic indicated this is a systemic problem in the 2000's, too expensive ($600) to repair. Gas mileage could be better. Likely go back to a LeSabre for the size, power and better mileage.

Love This Car
By Posie on 09/04/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Taurus SE 4dr Sedan

this car is perfect for me as a young mother. it gives me the sporty look i want and the room i need i have had a few minor problems with this car (normal wear and tear issues that occur with any vehicle) and it does make a strange noise in the engine that noone can figure out. however, it has always started without missing a beat and been ready to roll wherever i needed to go. i will keep this car for a long time and have recommened other people purchase it

pretty good car
By momprice2003 on 07/18/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Taurus SE 4dr Sedan

over all is a great car and rides great

just another ford
By stonecold on 07/09/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Taurus SE 4dr Sedan

I purchased this car with 40300 miles on it,thinking i was getting a deal,but i was wrong,It now has 47785 miles on it and I had this car at the dealer about 5 times.The first were just small things but they cost enough to fix,but this last time took the cake,the front coil spring broke on the driver side,had i been going on the highway at 70mph i might not be here to tell about it,and the bad thing about it all is it was just inspected. I also have the sweek in the engine,dealer says its the rocker arms,and the brakes and rotors problem as well.Like i said, just another ford. Im not buying another ford again

Solid, Reliable, but Plain & unexciting
By Practicality on 07/06/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Taurus SEL 4dr Sedan

I bought this car 4 years ago. I have had no problems with it other than replacing the battery and the inconvenience of having recall repairs done. Even those have been infrequent and insignificant. The car still has decent power and acceleration and is a good reliable car for a practical family man like me. She is paid off with, knock on wood, 100K miles to go !!

Do not buy a Taurus!
By Turpie on 06/28/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Taurus SES 4dr Sedan

Run, don't walk away from buying a Taurus! Although this vehicle is fun to drive and looks sharp, it is prone to mechnical problems. This is the second Taurus sedan I have owned (and the last) and both had transmissionproblems at about 70,000 miles (under normal city driving conditions). Plus, they do not hold their value, so you;re going to get sunk on the financial end of the deal, too. Do yourself a favor...buy a Honda, a Toyota, but whatever you buy, DO NOT BUY A TAURUS!!!

Ok vehicle but a new problem every month
By SHELL on 05/11/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Taurus SE 4dr Sedan

I purchased this vehicle with 13k miles. It was a good purchase price; possibly too good to be true. I have had problems with engine knocking since it was under warranty. The service manager said - we can't find anything it must just be bad fuel. To this day (80K miles later) it still knocks. The brakes squeal no matter what you do to them. Now the air conditioner has decided to work when it wants - I live in the south so this car will be traded in very soon. I really wanted this car but it is always something. It may be minor or major but it will keep you busy driving to a mechanic!