Used 2000 Ford Taurus Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Ford Taurus - Consumer Reviews

2000 Ford Taurus

View reviews for a specific Taurus model:

Only OK
By OK

2000 Ford Taurus SE 4dr Sedan

I have a 2000 Taurus with 140,000 miles on it. Besides basic maintenace, there are things that I've had to get fixed. A lot of the sensors went bad an they had to be replaced. That cost about $200. The fans for the airconditioner went bad and had to be replaced. That was a about $600. Finally at 139,000 the transmission had to be rebuilt. That was $1600. This car is OK. I recommend not keeping it after 100,000 miles.

Favorite Features

I really like the body style. Even though it's a 2000 it could really pass for newer. The paint holds up great!

Suggested Improvements

I wish mechanically items would've lasted longer, such as the sensors and transmission.

Reliable SES
By Buddy4

2000 Ford Taurus SES 4dr Sedan

Has been a very reliable car, never have had anything fail or break down. The only expenses have been routine maintainence items, i.e. belts, hoses, battery, tires, etc.

Favorite Features

Solid comfortable ride, very roomy inside, and great flexibility carrying things with its large trunk and fold down rear seats.

Suggested Improvements

Perhaps a little more powerful engine. I've got the smaller V-6 with 155 HP. It's adequete, but on the plus side I'm getting good gas mileage, 20MPG city, 24 MPG combined, 27 MPG highway.

Awesome car!
By rudedog36

2000 Ford Taurus SE 4dr Sedan

We bought this car when it was a year old back in 2001, and I have to say it;'s been one of the best cars I've ever owned. I've only had two problems with the car. One was a starter, and the other a coil pack, both of wich i fixed myself. I plan on keeping this car until it dies.

Favorite Features

Dependablity - safety, this car just feels safe - quality, the paint is in great condition for the environment its in (Wisconsin winters!) no rust.

Suggested Improvements

The flex fuel on the car. I believe that this is one of the first years that they put the flex fuel in the Fords. I do have some problems with the engine shaking when using ethenol, and the fuel mileage goes down, so I just don't use it.

Great family car
By owner

2000 Ford Taurus SE 4dr Wagon

I've owned this car for almost 3 years and other than oil changes, a precautionary tune-up I gave it after I bought it and a tune up just recently, The only money I put into it (as far as repairs) were for a few faulty sensors none more that $100.00 that I easaly replaced myself. It's roomy, has a powerful DOHC. Great travel car if you have kids and they can bring their friends. My kids loved the rear facing third seat.

Favorite Features

24v DOHC, third seat, roof rack, can range from family car to pick-up with the second and third seats folded down. Although it's not recommended I can leave some serious rubber on the road.

Suggested Improvements

None

Perfect car for Anybody II
By Jcd II

2000 Ford Taurus SE 4dr Sedan

I posted a review 8/29/2006 on this car when I was 16. I am now 18 and have recently wrecked my precious Taurus. I was turning down my street comming home from school and spilled my soda, I over compensated and hit a brick culvert in a diitch, at a pretty good speed. I was shocked when I wedged the door open. I couldn't believe I came out without a scratch. The car is so safe. My grandfather came to me with a tractor and rope, we didn't need it. I turned the key and it started like a new one, I drove it home, still drove straight and true. I fixed it myself. You can't even tell. This car is so safe. When it's washed, it's the best lookin' car on the block!

Favorite Features

Love the safety and reliability of this car. It will keep you and your family safe. Thank you Ford for making this block of steel on wheels, it saved my life.

Suggested Improvements

None, this is a well built car, with the reliability of a "tried and true" American company. This review came from a "True" American. Foreign cars feel to me like appliances. Sorry Honda lovers, just can't beat a good American product. Thanks again Ford for staying American, and for this great car.