2000 Ford Taurus - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Taurus model:
My First Ford Auto
By Tomo on 10/17/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Taurus SES 4dr Sedan

I have never considered buying a Ford before. I didn't like the previous shape, but liked the 2000 Taurus design. We purchased our Ford second hand (26,000 miles). We have had it over a year (current mileage 38,000). The only problem was to replace a rear light bulb. Cost under $4 at the local Checkers.

Low score on reliability
By formerCamryowner on 07/25/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Taurus SES 4dr Sedan

Shortly after purchase, I found the A/C barely functioned on a trip from CA to AZ. Spent part of my vacation taking care of this problem. On another trip, eng coolant light kept coming on. Turned out to be a sensor, but I lost travel time checking it out and it took the dealership 1 1/2 days to fix. On a recent trip to Las Vegas, a/c was making a terrible noise. L.V. dealership said it was O.K. to drive back to CA, but local dealership said this was bad advice because a/c was "coming apart" and parts could have gotten in my engine. Took them 4 days to pretty much rebuild the a/c.

Wonderful Car
By mandoza on 06/25/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Taurus SES 4dr Sedan

The 2000 Taurus SES is an all around good car, jammed packed with all of the features you need and more while still providing comfort, style and confience. I love my car.

Junk
By neveragainaTaurus on 04/15/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Taurus SES 4dr Sedan

Had nothing but trouble with this car. It was built at the Atlanta plant. I think Ford is trying to save money by doing away with Quality control at this factory. After looking at the NHTSA web site and seeing all the consumer complaints about the 2000 Taurus we decided that this car was unsafe for our family. I have never purchased a car that had so many problems. It was a relief to trade it in.

2000 TAURUS SES
By NONCRYSLEROWNER on 03/29/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Ford Taurus SES 4dr Sedan

In my opinion,Ford has vastly improved this vehicle from previous designs for style and reliability however, the 3.0L engine is very underpowered for the size of this large vehicle. I was a bit disappointed with the gas mileage too. Few people baby a car like we do and we seem to get about 24mpg. While this really isn't that bad, the competition is achieving around 28-32mpg with a more powerful 3.8L. In fact we bought this car when my wife happened to wreck our Crown Victoria, and we could get 19-25 with the 4.6L V8. The dashboard color combination is TERRIBLE! It's fine during the day, but wait 'till nightfall. YUCK! It also seems that these vehicles have very poor resale value.

Good value
By Gary on 03/13/02 20:42 PM (PST)

2000 Ford Taurus SES 4dr Sedan

A lot of car for the price but has poor resale value even with all the popular options. Lost a lot of value after 2 years and only 14,000 miles. Feels like it is built good Plenty of room inside Great heat and A/C, I am only 43, this car is better suited for someone 10 or 20 years older. A very funcional but boring car just like Camrys and Accords