Used 2000 Ford Taurus Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Ford Taurus - Consumer Reviews

2000 Ford Taurus Sedan

View reviews for a specific Taurus model:

Car with most mileage I've ever owed!
By Gloria

2000 Ford Taurus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

I drove this car for 1 year as a company car before purchasing it. In a not so stable economy in 2006 I purchased this car with 147,000 miles. I have been literally amazed by the durability and performance. Other than routine oil changes and preventive maintanance I have spent very little. I drive long distance miles with the company I work for and I get 29 miles per gallon. That's better mileage than most new cars. I had always driven small cars before this purchase and always new. So this car has simply changed my mind about trends. It now has 201,000 miles on it and 9 years old. And so far, so good.

Favorite Features

I've simply gotten spoiled with the power windows, power seats, and especially cruise control which none of my other cars has had. I love the smoothness of the ride. You really feel safe.

Suggested Improvements

I've owned 3 Fords including this one and I've noticed they all have the same problem, ignition lock up. Temporary solution is to turn the steering wheel back and forth until it unlocks. This issue definitely needs to addressing and needs to be fixed going forward.

Not Such A Bad Ride
By Fordowner

2000 Ford Taurus Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

To tell you the truth I bought this vehicle without even looking at it. But since then I have only had to repair the regular things sensors brakes windshield wipers all cosmetic stuff. I love the get up it has. Awesome acceleration and plus she sounds awesome. I love all the room and the sound system. plus this car is over 10 years old and she still cleans up very very nice. It has over 137K on it but drives like new if you ask me! Great Purchase awesome investment fun to Drive. And I work for Chevy. We should make cars like this all day long!

Favorite Features

sound system, very roomy, color, bucket seats, peppy engine.

Suggested Improvements

Cant think of any at this time

Super Taurus
By gormac

2000 Ford Taurus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

Great car, and extremely good for hauling stuff. I can not tell you how many antiques I have brought home in this car. Only complaints I have is the air and heat, neither works again and suspect the vacuum on the dividing door. $1000 in labor to remove the dash to fix, plus parts.

Favorite Features

Ride, safety feeling, comfort

Suggested Improvements

Better mileage, lumbar support. a heater/air conditioner that works would be nice.

... a love/hate relationship
By johnwz

2000 Ford Taurus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

It's tough to describe how I feel about this car. Got it used in 05 with about 140,000 miles on it and currently have close to 208,000 logged. The V6 is powerful but, of course, trades off fuel efficiency. Over the years I have noticed it has been losing coolant more than it should be, along with persistent cylinder misfires, always on cylinder 1 and the corresponding spark plug comes out looking worse than the others. I got a new cylinder head and spent a weekend putting that in. Maybe about 2000 miles since then the car runs better than ever and haven't noticed any more coolant leak. Somehow the transmission has remained solid throughout ownership.

Favorite Features

V6 acceleration.

Suggested Improvements

Try not to use faulty cylinder heads, Ford.

Great car!
By ajc

2000 Ford Taurus Sedan SES 4dr Sedan

I bought this car in 03 needed something right away didnt think it would last me this long but I am amazed Ive never had any significant or major problems. Great gas mileage and very roomy and comfortable. To big for me but overall its been a great car. Great in the snow too!

Favorite Features

comfy seats

Suggested Improvements

more hp