Used 2000 Ford Taurus SE Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Ford Taurus - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Taurus model:

Great Car!
By LOVE THIS CAR!!!

2000 Ford Taurus SE 4dr Wagon

I bought my first 2000 Taurus in '05 and feel in love with this car! Drove it for year and a half with no mechanical problems at all, my first one got totaled this winter, and I bought another 2000 Taurus because I loved my first one so much, you can't get a better car for the money! It's got tons of room for hauling my dogs and my kids around, and I love the third seat!

Power seats, locks, and windows, third seat in back, and handles very nicely even on slick roads.

Start making them again! Ford finally makes a decent car and they they discontinue it!

Good bang for the buck
By mostlytoyo

2000 Ford Taurus SE 4dr Wagon

Bought this wagon for an airport car. It was very cheap and in good condition. Drives nicely and is a much quicker car than my '97 Sable due to the DOHC engine. Good visibility and only minor repairs so far. Great highway mileage.

Engine, storage.

Start building it again.

do not buy!
By justagirl19762001

2000 Ford Taurus SE 4dr Wagon

This car so unreliable. Have sunk about $4,000 in 3 years. JUNK! Spoken by a HONDA lover. Worst gas mileage with FFV option. Frequent repairs! Engine light on for past year no one knows why. Fuel gauge broke, electrical glitches, cooling system gone in 2003. Heating system gone in 2006. Not sure why ratings are in at 7.5. No retail value for these cars.

Added 3rd row seat, nice addition. Sleek looking as far as wagons go. Comfortable to drive.

I think that this car has had several recalls that I have gotten from Ford. Improve gas mileage, reliability, and under the hood!

Duz it all....
By Hutch7

2000 Ford Taurus SE 4dr Wagon

Picked this wagon up cheaply with low miles. So far so good; comfortable, handles well and with the 24V Duratec, is really pretty quick for a mid-size wagon.

Engine, comfort, roominess, gas mileage.

Start making it again!

Roomy but no power
By maryann

2000 Ford Taurus SE 4dr Wagon

We needed a roomier car than my Honda Accord for our growing family. The Taurus wagon was a great fit for all four plus a 50 lb. dog. I was grateful for selecting it over an SUV when we avoided a head on collision through emergency handling in New Brunswick Canada. The car was loaded for a 2-week vacation with luggage carrier on top. We absolutely would have rolled over in an SUV. The car (and driver) performed beautifully under extreme conditions. Negatives: this car eats brake pads for lunch and I'm no pedal to the metal driver, no rabbit starts and stops. On several occasions, the car has stalled on the highway and no mechanic has been able to diagnose the problem.

Best features include storage, visibility, passenger capacity (8!), emergency handling.

Interior locking gas cap should be on all vehicles. All of my Hondas had this feature. I bought a locking gas cap, but it was a pain using the key in frigid temperatures! The engine is under powered and gas mileage is poor. Ford needs to use more durable material for brake pads.