2000 Ford Taurus - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Taurus model:
Great Value
By MCSCI on 09/20/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Taurus SE 4dr Wagon

nice, reasonably priced wagon. more comfortable seats than Sable version

Very Disappointing
By Fooled Only Once on 02/16/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Ford Taurus SE 4dr Wagon

The transmission went at 27,000 miles, had to be totally rebuilt, was without car for 4 days with no loaner. Tires were down to steel belt and had to be replaced at 27K at my own expense (not covered under warranty). Shortly after purchasing the vehicle, my electric door locks and windows would not function, the handle on the back (inner deck of wagon) fell off (screws were missing, never put on in factory I was told), but again had to be without transportation while being fixed. I purchased this Ford because I thought at the time Ford built a quality car...and I would have reliable transportaion, I was sadly mistaken.

2000 Taurus SEL
By SEBOWMAN on 02/04/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Ford Taurus SE 4dr Wagon

This vehicle has many great hidden secrets about it. First, Ford doesn't tell you how the 200HP engine is really enderated and very powerful. This car is a dream to drive. The degisn of the body is reflective of serious vehicles like BMW, Lexus, and Mercedes Benz.

my Taurus wagon
By Weshoe on 04/12/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Taurus SE 4dr Wagon

I purchased my Taurus Wagon 1 year old with 39000 miles on it. It has performed flawlessly for my family with little exception. The only repair it has needed was to cut the front brake rotors in the 20000 miles driven since I bought it.

great car
By chuck1 on 04/12/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Taurus SE 4dr Wagon

Have had no problems. It's really smooth on the highway and cruises well. The ride is nice, and the engine is probably the best feature. Gets about 24 mpg on the highway, which is not as good as it's supposed to be, but it's plenty powerful. The seats could be better.