Used 2000 Ford Taurus Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Ford Taurus - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Taurus model:

Great Car, Seats8, Holds More than SUV!!
By triedandtrue

2000 Ford Taurus SE 4dr Wagon

I purchased this car as an alternative to a minivan or SUV. Loved the fact that it seats 8 (three front row seat belts, three second row, and two more with flip up third row seat.) The wide opening at the back is amazing - held more than our minivan or previous SUV when hauling furniture, kids, building materials, etc. Car was VERY reliable, just oil changes and basic maintenance. This car was an EXCELLENT value for us. Planned to keep it just a couple years but can't bear to part with it - it's been a great all-around car!

Seats eight, fold down seating allowed us to move furniture, building materials. Loved third row seat when we were carpooling with extra kids. Reliability was A+!

None - it serves us well!

Good Everyday Car
By FJN

2000 Ford Taurus SES 4dr Sedan

Purchased car used with 13K miles. Used as daily for eight years. Ran to NYC from Virginia several times each year. Great highway mileage(29mpg). 200HP engine moves. Nimbleness of this car surprises. As daily driver, always reliable. Performed routine maintenance. Comfortable car for four on trips. Gave car to my son two years ago. Still going strong for him. For me, I think this was one of Fords better vehicles.

Interior room. Exterior styling good for a "family" sedan.

Many problems
By fordprobs

2000 Ford Taurus SE 4dr Sedan

Numerous problems with heating/coolant system. Additional problems with transmission-needed a new one with under 100k miles. Overall, a horrible purchase

Comfortable interior with room.

Do not buy this car

Great car for the money
By Warren

2000 Ford Taurus SEL 4dr Sedan

This has been a good car, and gets 25- 28 mpg. It feels solid, has great power (Duratec engine). Automatic temperature control and sound system are great. I've made several repairs, but that's normal for a 10 year old car with 150,000 + miles. I replaced brakes, spark plugs, DPFE sensor, PCV system, intake manifold gasket, struts, sway bar end links, and front wheel bearings. I've kept the fluids and filters changed, and right now the car is in great shape. It uses no oil, runs great, and handles great. My only negative comment is that the faux leather trim on the inside door panels has deteriorated and come unglued, and the overhead access panel to the sunroof keeps falling down.

Comfortable, good power, good mpg, good sound system

Interior trim panels have not held up well. Rear view mirrors should be larger.

I would buy again
By Diane

2000 Ford Taurus SEL 4dr Sedan

I purchased my 2000 Taurus SEL brand new and I still own it but am thinking of retiring it to a teen next year. I love the duratec engine and have had only minor repairs as I have always taken care of it. My air conditioner just now went, but that is expected with the age. I have enjoyed my Taurus very much over the 9 years.

Duratec engine, comfy leather seats, good heat