2000 Ford Taurus Wagon - Consumer Reviews

SE 3.0L V6 4-speed Automatic - (25 reviews )
Great Car!
By LOVE THIS CAR!!! on 09/28/07 14:23 PM (PDT)

2000 Ford Taurus Wagon SE 4dr Wagon

I bought my first 2000 Taurus in '05 and feel in love with this car! Drove it for year and a half with no mechanical problems at all, my first one got totaled this winter, and I bought another 2000 Taurus because I loved my first one so much, you can't get a better car for the money! It's got tons of room for hauling my dogs and my kids around, and I love the third seat!

Good bang for the buck
By mostlytoyo on 12/09/06 15:50 PM (PST)

2000 Ford Taurus Wagon SE 4dr Wagon

Bought this wagon for an airport car. It was very cheap and in good condition. Drives nicely and is a much quicker car than my '97 Sable due to the DOHC engine. Good visibility and only minor repairs so far. Great highway mileage.

do not buy!
By justagirl19762001 on 11/03/06 06:30 AM (PST)

2000 Ford Taurus Wagon SE 4dr Wagon

This car so unreliable. Have sunk about $4,000 in 3 years. JUNK! Spoken by a HONDA lover. Worst gas mileage with FFV option. Frequent repairs! Engine light on for past year no one knows why. Fuel gauge broke, electrical glitches, cooling system gone in 2003. Heating system gone in 2006. Not sure why ratings are in at 7.5. No retail value for these cars.

Duz it all....
By Hutch7 on 09/24/06 13:48 PM (PDT)

2000 Ford Taurus Wagon SE 4dr Wagon

Picked this wagon up cheaply with low miles. So far so good; comfortable, handles well and with the 24V Duratec, is really pretty quick for a mid-size wagon.

Roomy but no power
By maryann on 01/17/06 09:30 AM (PST)

2000 Ford Taurus Wagon SE 4dr Wagon

We needed a roomier car than my Honda Accord for our growing family. The Taurus wagon was a great fit for all four plus a 50 lb. dog. I was grateful for selecting it over an SUV when we avoided a head on collision through emergency handling in New Brunswick Canada. The car was loaded for a 2-week vacation with luggage carrier on top. We absolutely would have rolled over in an SUV. The car (and driver) performed beautifully under extreme conditions. Negatives: this car eats brake pads for lunch and I'm no pedal to the metal driver, no rabbit starts and stops. On several occasions, the car has stalled on the highway and no mechanic has been able to diagnose the problem.

2000 Ford Taurus decent auto
By peter on 01/02/06 15:30 PM (PST)

2000 Ford Taurus Wagon SE 4dr Wagon

I have had this car for 5 years; it is a decent car. My main gripe is lousy gas mileage in the city -- around 16-18 mpg. The mechanical reliability is ok, but it seems that there is a lot of normal wear and tear, such as struts,tie rods etc. I have the v6 with 153 hp. I wish I had purchased the more powerful engine as sometimes the car seems that it cannot get out of its own way. I like the safety features; front and side impact air bags, 4 wheel ABS. It is a really good looking car and overall have no regrets buying this car.

Ford - You lost us!
By Lee on 05/09/05 16:24 PM (PDT)

2000 Ford Taurus Wagon SE 4dr Wagon

Our last 4 cars have all been Fords, before trading this one in for a Toyota Sienna van. Our first was a '91 wagon, which was awesome for its economy, and reliability (it finally gave out with 210k miles). The Windstar van was a mistake, and the last 2 Tauruses were only slightly better. We unloaded this wagon with 98k miles for fear of transmission problems. There also was little effort by the company to address our complaints (which included both calls and a letter). We would have loved to stay with a domestic maker, but it just didn't make sense. Ford - we were your customers, and you lost us!

Good Value
By MC on 01/14/05 16:59 PM (PST)

2000 Ford Taurus Wagon SE 4dr Wagon

I have just turned 100,000 miles on my 2000 Taurus wagon with the Duratec engine. It has been very reliable. Only had it in the shop twice- battery died at about 25K (warranty) and fuel pump went at 90K. Outside of these, just routine maintenance. I drive a lot of highway miles so I get good mileage out of brakes and tires. Brake rotors are thin and need to be changed when pads are changed. All in all, I got good value for my buck.

Better than a Minivan!
By L.A. on 01/07/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Ford Taurus Wagon SE 4dr Wagon

I have bought my first Tarus,a couple of days ago.Its great for a family car.I have more room in it than the minivan that I traded it on.I will not go back to a minivan and I will stay with a wagon.Its quiet running,I have plenty of room for groceries or weekend trips.Believe me with 3 little girls you need all the room you can get with all the toys we drag around.

My 6th Taurus is the best yet
By L/Bourgeois on 10/04/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Taurus Wagon SE 4dr Wagon

After my first five taurus' I expected to do another transmissionb job and brakes on a regular basis, BUT this car has been great. Transmision shifts smothly and the brakes seem to not wear out so quickly. Fuel economy is better but the back seat entry puts your head at risk of hitting the rounded corners.