Used 2000 Ford Taurus Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Ford Taurus - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Taurus model:

DO NOT BUY
By 2000 Lemon

2000 Ford Taurus SES 4dr Sedan

Covert Ford delivered the car with a huge scratch on the drivers side window. A sign I should have backed out of the deal immediately. The AC unit has been replaced 2 times in 4 years. Both time failing on long trips. The seams on the Leather Interior seats are coming apart. The rear door panels on both side the vinyl is coming un-glued from the doors Covert Ford can replace the rear door panels for only $900. It is the loudest driving car I have ever owned. Road noise will drown out the stereo system - not to mention a telephone call. Ford is poor Quality - Covert is bad service!

Suggested Improvements

Terrible Quality of workmanship and design.

Used Ford Taurus
By John Cole

2000 Ford Taurus SE 4dr Sedan

This car has been reliable. I had a handful of minor dealer solved problems when the car was new. After that the car has been perfect. NEVER BUY THIS CAR NEW. It was a deal for me at the start. Since then I've been upside down on payment ever since. I would strongly reccomend getting one a few years old from a private seller. This car has the worst depreciation. It is because you see them everywhere and most folks are looking for something unique. Dealers have a tough time selling them for this reason.

Favorite Features

This car comes standard with lots of stuff including a V-6. All for lots less than the competition with four cylinders.

Suggested Improvements

Don't make so many, in fact quit selling so many of them for rental/company cars too. Also, More power in standard V-6.

2000 Taurus Se
By Heidi76

2000 Ford Taurus SE 4dr Sedan

I love this car. It is a little sporty, has a lot of room and handles well.

Favorite Features

It has a lot of space which helps out a lot no matter what the situation. I feel comfortable riding and driving in my car, I don't feel stuffed into a tin can.

Suggested Improvements

The seat comfort needs improvement. The seats are too flat and too firm. The back seats are fine, but the driver and passenager seats need some more cushion.

Very Impressive Record
By sorpa

2000 Ford Taurus SE 4dr Sedan

Incredible reliability over the years. There was never a day that the engine or transmission missed a beat even in twenty below zero Canadian cold. The only problems ever encountered in 165,000 miles(264,000KM)were warped brake rotors, front sway bar links clicking and a hardened and cracked windshield washer line. Of course I had to change a few light bulbs and adhered to scheduled maintenance, but that's all that has ever failed! I am hanging on to this car and have my fingers crossed...

Favorite Features

Lumbar support seat adjustment. Well laid out controls. Lots of room for someone 6'2".

Suggested Improvements

Brake rotor redesign. Sway bar link redesign.

Better than a Minivan!
By L.A.

2000 Ford Taurus SE 4dr Wagon

I have bought my first Tarus,a couple of days ago.Its great for a family car.I have more room in it than the minivan that I traded it on.I will not go back to a minivan and I will stay with a wagon.Its quiet running,I have plenty of room for groceries or weekend trips.Believe me with 3 little girls you need all the room you can get with all the toys we drag around.

Favorite Features

Run very quiet,spacious,a fun car for Mom's,not the Granny wagon that my Mom drove.

Suggested Improvements

Wished it would stop a little quicker.