2000 Ford Taurus Consumer Reviews 14

2000 Ford Taurus - Consumer Reviews

2000 Ford Taurus LX 4dr Sedan

View reviews for a specific Taurus model:
Excellent midsize sedan value..
By dmk71 on 05/02/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Taurus SEL 4dr Sedan

I've owned my '02 Taurus SEL for about 3mos & am impressed enough to take time to rate it in this review.I previously owned a Camry & Malibu, both late model & decent vehicles but,neither rode as comfortably & securely as this Taurus. Granted, the Taurus has always been known for high safety content & value & durability i'm told by other owner's. In closing,i highly recommend this finely engineered/built sedan..i have about 5,000mis so far & no problems or complaints to report.

Getting rid of it after 2.5 years
By Joshua on 04/16/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Taurus SE 4dr Sedan

We bought this vehicle brand new. It treated us well for about a year and a half. Then we noticed that it was surging at idle. We took it to the Ford dealer 3 times to get it fixed. The first two times they could not fix it. They even hooked it up to the Ford International computer. Mysteriously when they did the 24000 mile checkup, they fixed it. Now there is an oil leak. They changed some gaskets, but it still smells like burning oil periodically. We are going to dump this car before it reaches the end of the 36000 mile warranty. We are holding our breath that it holds together unil we do dump it.

Junk
By neveragainaTaurus on 04/15/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Taurus SES 4dr Sedan

Had nothing but trouble with this car. It was built at the Atlanta plant. I think Ford is trying to save money by doing away with Quality control at this factory. After looking at the NHTSA web site and seeing all the consumer complaints about the 2000 Taurus we decided that this car was unsafe for our family. I have never purchased a car that had so many problems. It was a relief to trade it in.

my Taurus wagon
By Weshoe on 04/12/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Taurus SE 4dr Wagon

I purchased my Taurus Wagon 1 year old with 39000 miles on it. It has performed flawlessly for my family with little exception. The only repair it has needed was to cut the front brake rotors in the 20000 miles driven since I bought it.

great car
By chuck1 on 04/12/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Taurus SE 4dr Wagon

Have had no problems. It's really smooth on the highway and cruises well. The ride is nice, and the engine is probably the best feature. Gets about 24 mpg on the highway, which is not as good as it's supposed to be, but it's plenty powerful. The seats could be better.

Ford Taurus
By johnwar1 on 04/09/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Taurus SE 4dr Sedan

Everything about this car has by far exceeded my expectations.

2000 TAURUS SES
By NONCRYSLEROWNER on 03/29/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Ford Taurus SES 4dr Sedan

In my opinion,Ford has vastly improved this vehicle from previous designs for style and reliability however, the 3.0L engine is very underpowered for the size of this large vehicle. I was a bit disappointed with the gas mileage too. Few people baby a car like we do and we seem to get about 24mpg. While this really isn't that bad, the competition is achieving around 28-32mpg with a more powerful 3.8L. In fact we bought this car when my wife happened to wreck our Crown Victoria, and we could get 19-25 with the 4.6L V8. The dashboard color combination is TERRIBLE! It's fine during the day, but wait 'till nightfall. YUCK! It also seems that these vehicles have very poor resale value.

Pretty nice car for the money.
By Wiserby on 03/22/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Ford Taurus SE 4dr Sedan

I bought it over the internet and when I went to pick it up there were a few things wrong with it. Scratches all along the drivers door, brights do not work, windshield washer fluid does not work, spare tire is gone along with one of the tools to change it, the knob on the fan is busted, and a cupholder for the rear seat is completely busted off. So after all the negatives is there anything good about this car. Yes I love the seats, very comfortable. I also love how everything is power. I getting spoiled after upgrading from a 1988 car. Good family size car.

Nice family car-Good price
By Arj104 on 03/14/02 20:57 PM (PST)

2000 Ford Taurus SE 4dr Sedan

We have had this car for a year & put 20k miles on it. No problems other than routine maintenance. Good passing power, but not very nimble. Pauses before dropping gears when you floor it. Quick lane changes makes the car lean a little. Not as sporty as I like, but great for the family. Very comfortable and only $300/month.

Good value
By Gary on 03/13/02 20:42 PM (PST)

2000 Ford Taurus SES 4dr Sedan

A lot of car for the price but has poor resale value even with all the popular options. Lost a lot of value after 2 years and only 14,000 miles. Feels like it is built good Plenty of room inside Great heat and A/C, I am only 43, this car is better suited for someone 10 or 20 years older. A very funcional but boring car just like Camrys and Accords