2000 Ford Taurus - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Taurus model:
Driver Discomfort
By wildturkeyhh on 12/14/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Ford Taurus SE 4dr Sedan

We find the driver seat very uncomfortable as cannot stretch out my leg due to the hump on the left side. I have to place my leg in an uncomfortable position under the brake pedal. Otherwise we find the vehicle easy to handle and maintenance repairs have been very minor and acceptable. Nice car.

An underated Yank!!!
By Ponsonby on 11/23/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Ford Taurus SES 4dr Sedan

Being a Brit now living in Kansas City with my Kansan Wife. I have looked really carefully at buying a larger car to compliment our 2.4 Litre Grand-Am for longer journeys. I wanted something that had reasonable performance (200 bhp is enough with your strict speed code here), an overhead cam engine for less friction and better fuel consumption and reliability, plus ease of servce and parts availability. The overall impression of the car is that I am really pleased with it. Typically with a 4 valve engine, you have to rev it mid-range , but where a pushrod engine fades out at about 5000 r.p.m, this kiddy starts getting interesting.

Nice looking, but poor ride/quality.
By akeeney on 11/12/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Ford Taurus SES 4dr Sedan

Problems with this vehicle from the start and none of the dealerships (3 total) can seem to fix them: loud brake and wind noises, door rattle, vibration between 40-50 mph, paint defects when delivered from factory. Many other "minor" issues which took weeks to correct. Ford Motor Co (consumer assistance)has been no help.

2000 Ford Taurus SE
By Anniemarie998 on 10/28/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Ford Taurus SE 4dr Sedan

I enjoy driving this vehicle. The shape is much better than the oval-patterned older models. The interior is roomy as well as the trunk space. It gives me an "old-people" feel, but I defantily feel much safer in this car with my family.

Does Ford Care?
By Fred on 10/25/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Taurus SE 4dr Sedan

I have owned this car for just over two years. While the ride is fine, it's just not the same quality that my 1992 Taurus was. I am at present without vehicle due to serious transmission problems which FORD feels are mine alone. This is not the fist problem with this vehicle either. I'm not so sure that Quality is No. 1 but pretty sure customer satisfaction is dead last.

great car!
By ksufan on 10/17/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Taurus SE 4dr Sedan

I bought my first Ford car in May 2001 and I have been completely satisfied in my car's performance. I love the exterior features and the handling is great as well. Over all my Taurus has been enjpyable to own.

My First Ford Auto
By Tomo on 10/17/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Taurus SES 4dr Sedan

I have never considered buying a Ford before. I didn't like the previous shape, but liked the 2000 Taurus design. We purchased our Ford second hand (26,000 miles). We have had it over a year (current mileage 38,000). The only problem was to replace a rear light bulb. Cost under $4 at the local Checkers.

2000 Taurus...Good Car
By BrandonH on 09/24/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Taurus SE 4dr Sedan

The 2000 Taurus is an overall good vehicle, I plan to sell this one, and get another one soon. I would recommend them to a friend or family member

Great Family Car
By GregP on 08/27/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Taurus SEL 4dr Sedan

I traded in an Explorer for this vehicle and couldn't be more pleased. This is my first car in 10 years and I absolutely love it. I like the redesign of the Taurus. It rides smoothly and handles very well. If your looking for an everyday vehicle for commuting or family use I highly recommend this car.

Would not but another
By swinslow on 08/26/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Taurus SE 4dr Sedan

Have had nothing but troubles with the fuel system since I bought it. Have been unable to resolve problems after about 10 service trips. Car stalls out constantly in hot weather.