2000 Ford Taurus Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Taurus model:
2000 Taurus Comfortable and Safe
By ElizabethAnne on 07/12/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Taurus Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan

I love my car. I have had no problems at all. Ilove my power seats I can adjust them so I can see out very well.

Wonderful Car
By mandoza on 06/25/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Taurus Sedan SES 4dr Sedan

The 2000 Taurus SES is an all around good car, jammed packed with all of the features you need and more while still providing comfort, style and confience. I love my car.

Taurus
By rushmlr on 06/17/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Taurus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

Good car with good gas mileage and great looks

Not what I expected.
By G_Rob on 06/16/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Taurus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

I've had my 2000 Taurus for about 1 year now and have been looking for ways to dump it for at least half that time. If I did not have to take such a beating on the negative equity it would have long been gone. I just don't care for it, from the ride to the gas mileage to the breaking system the car just does not do it for me.. There's no way this car can compete with the likes of Honda/Toyota/Nissan. I don't know what I was thinking when I bought it...

se taurus
By big mo on 06/13/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Taurus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

I had my taurus now for about a mouth. it rides great but for a v6 the engine is not powerful enough

Think Very Carefully Before You Buy!
By catskill on 05/23/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Taurus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

Got a decent deal on the lease...leather, CD changer, etc. Car has decent highway ride and plenty of room. Mileage is only OK. Reliability has been good, with only a few fit-and- finish issues to speak of. The seats, on the other hand, are ABYSMAL. Neither my wife nor I can drive the car without leg pain, despite trying the full range of power seat arrangements. Also very difficult to get my toddler in and out of. I can't wait to give it back next July!

Excellent midsize sedan value..
By dmk71 on 05/02/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Taurus Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan

I've owned my '02 Taurus SEL for about 3mos & am impressed enough to take time to rate it in this review.I previously owned a Camry & Malibu, both late model & decent vehicles but,neither rode as comfortably & securely as this Taurus. Granted, the Taurus has always been known for high safety content & value & durability i'm told by other owner's. In closing,i highly recommend this finely engineered/built sedan..i have about 5,000mis so far & no problems or complaints to report.

Getting rid of it after 2.5 years
By Joshua on 04/16/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Taurus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

We bought this vehicle brand new. It treated us well for about a year and a half. Then we noticed that it was surging at idle. We took it to the Ford dealer 3 times to get it fixed. The first two times they could not fix it. They even hooked it up to the Ford International computer. Mysteriously when they did the 24000 mile checkup, they fixed it. Now there is an oil leak. They changed some gaskets, but it still smells like burning oil periodically. We are going to dump this car before it reaches the end of the 36000 mile warranty. We are holding our breath that it holds together unil we do dump it.

Junk
By neveragainaTaurus on 04/15/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Taurus Sedan SES 4dr Sedan

Had nothing but trouble with this car. It was built at the Atlanta plant. I think Ford is trying to save money by doing away with Quality control at this factory. After looking at the NHTSA web site and seeing all the consumer complaints about the 2000 Taurus we decided that this car was unsafe for our family. I have never purchased a car that had so many problems. It was a relief to trade it in.

Ford Taurus
By johnwar1 on 04/09/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Taurus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

Everything about this car has by far exceeded my expectations.