Used 2000 Ford Taurus Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Ford Taurus - Consumer Reviews

2000 Ford Taurus Sedan

View reviews for a specific Taurus model:

Do not buy a Taurus!
By Turpie

2000 Ford Taurus Sedan SES 4dr Sedan

Run, don't walk away from buying a Taurus! Although this vehicle is fun to drive and looks sharp, it is prone to mechnical problems. This is the second Taurus sedan I have owned (and the last) and both had transmissionproblems at about 70,000 miles (under normal city driving conditions). Plus, they do not hold their value, so you;re going to get sunk on the financial end of the deal, too. Do yourself a favor...buy a Honda, a Toyota, but whatever you buy, DO NOT BUY A TAURUS!!!

Suggested Improvements

Improve the transmission so that it is more reliable.

Ok vehicle but a new problem every month
By SHELL

2000 Ford Taurus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

I purchased this vehicle with 13k miles. It was a good purchase price; possibly too good to be true. I have had problems with engine knocking since it was under warranty. The service manager said - we can't find anything it must just be bad fuel. To this day (80K miles later) it still knocks. The brakes squeal no matter what you do to them. Now the air conditioner has decided to work when it wants - I live in the south so this car will be traded in very soon. I really wanted this car but it is always something. It may be minor or major but it will keep you busy driving to a mechanic!

Favorite Features

I like the interior design. You can reach all controls without taking your eyes off the road to see what you are doing. The trunk is roomy and the fold down seats are great.

Suggested Improvements

RELIABILITY!! A car should not tear up every time you turn around. Make a good lasting car that doesn't need to go to the service dept on a regular basis.

DO NOT BUY
By 2000 Lemon

2000 Ford Taurus Sedan SES 4dr Sedan

Covert Ford delivered the car with a huge scratch on the drivers side window. A sign I should have backed out of the deal immediately. The AC unit has been replaced 2 times in 4 years. Both time failing on long trips. The seams on the Leather Interior seats are coming apart. The rear door panels on both side the vinyl is coming un-glued from the doors Covert Ford can replace the rear door panels for only $900. It is the loudest driving car I have ever owned. Road noise will drown out the stereo system - not to mention a telephone call. Ford is poor Quality - Covert is bad service!

Suggested Improvements

Terrible Quality of workmanship and design.

Used Ford Taurus
By John Cole

2000 Ford Taurus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

This car has been reliable. I had a handful of minor dealer solved problems when the car was new. After that the car has been perfect. NEVER BUY THIS CAR NEW. It was a deal for me at the start. Since then I've been upside down on payment ever since. I would strongly reccomend getting one a few years old from a private seller. This car has the worst depreciation. It is because you see them everywhere and most folks are looking for something unique. Dealers have a tough time selling them for this reason.

Favorite Features

This car comes standard with lots of stuff including a V-6. All for lots less than the competition with four cylinders.

Suggested Improvements

Don't make so many, in fact quit selling so many of them for rental/company cars too. Also, More power in standard V-6.

2000 Taurus Se
By Heidi76

2000 Ford Taurus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

I love this car. It is a little sporty, has a lot of room and handles well.

Favorite Features

It has a lot of space which helps out a lot no matter what the situation. I feel comfortable riding and driving in my car, I don't feel stuffed into a tin can.

Suggested Improvements

The seat comfort needs improvement. The seats are too flat and too firm. The back seats are fine, but the driver and passenager seats need some more cushion.