2000 Ford Taurus Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Taurus model:
2000 Ford Taurus SE
By Anniemarie998 on 10/28/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Ford Taurus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

I enjoy driving this vehicle. The shape is much better than the oval-patterned older models. The interior is roomy as well as the trunk space. It gives me an "old-people" feel, but I defantily feel much safer in this car with my family.

Does Ford Care?
By Fred on 10/25/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Taurus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

I have owned this car for just over two years. While the ride is fine, it's just not the same quality that my 1992 Taurus was. I am at present without vehicle due to serious transmission problems which FORD feels are mine alone. This is not the fist problem with this vehicle either. I'm not so sure that Quality is No. 1 but pretty sure customer satisfaction is dead last.

great car!
By ksufan on 10/17/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Taurus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

I bought my first Ford car in May 2001 and I have been completely satisfied in my car's performance. I love the exterior features and the handling is great as well. Over all my Taurus has been enjpyable to own.

My First Ford Auto
By Tomo on 10/17/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Taurus Sedan SES 4dr Sedan

I have never considered buying a Ford before. I didn't like the previous shape, but liked the 2000 Taurus design. We purchased our Ford second hand (26,000 miles). We have had it over a year (current mileage 38,000). The only problem was to replace a rear light bulb. Cost under $4 at the local Checkers.

2000 Taurus...Good Car
By BrandonH on 09/24/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Taurus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

The 2000 Taurus is an overall good vehicle, I plan to sell this one, and get another one soon. I would recommend them to a friend or family member

Great Family Car
By GregP on 08/27/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Taurus Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan

I traded in an Explorer for this vehicle and couldn't be more pleased. This is my first car in 10 years and I absolutely love it. I like the redesign of the Taurus. It rides smoothly and handles very well. If your looking for an everyday vehicle for commuting or family use I highly recommend this car.

Would not but another
By swinslow on 08/26/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Taurus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

Have had nothing but troubles with the fuel system since I bought it. Have been unable to resolve problems after about 10 service trips. Car stalls out constantly in hot weather.

My favorite car
By rentamobile on 07/31/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Taurus Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan

Since I am very short. I especially love the adjustable food pedals. It has made it much safer for me in the driver seat. I do not have to worry about the air bags hurting me. I love the comfort and reliability of this vehicle. I can carry 5 large adults comfortably. It travels longs distances with ease and comfort. Even after 11 straight hours of driving, I still feel comfortable in this vehicle. I would definitely recommend this car to everyone I know.

Low score on reliability
By formerCamryowner on 07/25/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Taurus Sedan SES 4dr Sedan

Shortly after purchase, I found the A/C barely functioned on a trip from CA to AZ. Spent part of my vacation taking care of this problem. On another trip, eng coolant light kept coming on. Turned out to be a sensor, but I lost travel time checking it out and it took the dealership 1 1/2 days to fix. On a recent trip to Las Vegas, a/c was making a terrible noise. L.V. dealership said it was O.K. to drive back to CA, but local dealership said this was bad advice because a/c was "coming apart" and parts could have gotten in my engine. Took them 4 days to pretty much rebuild the a/c.

I love it
By DominionTech on 07/21/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Taurus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

Perfect family car. Reliable have had no problems. I would recommend this car to anyone. I use it for business also very comfortable and large enough to create an office on the passenger seat.