2000 Ford Taurus - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Taurus model:
My car review
By phatchump69 on 05/21/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Taurus SE 4dr Sedan

I owned an 1987 ford taurus brand new in 3 months the ignition went, and went again after a year. The car stauled constanly after 25000 miles. Then in 2000 the new ones came out, and they were good looking. There were not many cars on the market that you could get key less entry, leather seats, and a 200hp V6 for under 20000 grand. So i decided to take it. Little did i know that there were 5 recalls in 3 years, and when they went to fix the recalls that seemed to be with the brakes, the switch, and tail lights they could never get it right. So I was back and forth to the dealership. So much fun right.

Never had a problem
By TaurusRules on 05/19/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Taurus SEL 4dr Sedan

Very reliable and comfortable. Fun to drive. One of the tires (Firestone) went bad at 20000 miles.

Starting Problems
By BigTuna on 05/15/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Taurus SES 4dr Sedan

I am very disapointed with this car. I bought it used. It had 28K miles and was a least car. The problem started after about 7 months. It was then out of warranty. The problem is, on occasion it will not start. But if you wait a while, 10 minutes to an hour it will start. I've had it to machanics 4 times. One time to the dealer, and know one can find the problem. This is my 2nd Taurus. The 1st one was an 89 with a similar problem. Never another Taurus. I am about to trade it on a 20043 Camry.

An honest opinion
By David S. on 05/14/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Taurus SE 4dr Sedan

I purchased my Taurus from my father-n- law(he's a used car dealer). To date,and I've put about 6000 miles on the car...I've had no problems. The care originally had 69k when purchased by me.

Our Favorite Car !!
By alared on 04/30/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Taurus SEL 4dr Sedan

I highly recommend the SEL, very luxurious interior. I purchased this from the showroom over 3 years ago and it has remains a new looking car. The only problem we have encountered is the keyless entry, it seems to get moisture in it and is not fully reliable. On the other hand, we probably run our Taurus through a car wash 3 times a week, and daily in the winter.

Very Reliable
By STEVEM on 04/27/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Taurus SE 4dr Sedan

I've put 92K on this car since June 2000 and have had to do nothing other than routine maintenance (oil changes, transmission flush). As I do mostly highway driving, I still haven't had to change the brakes (even had the dealer look at the brakes twice to make sure).

A good buy
By Doug S. on 04/18/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Taurus SEL 4dr Sedan

My wife and I have no real complaints. Its got all the power needed for passing with the 24 valve engine. Its comfortable, road noise is their but not bad. Ours has leather seats and great interior features. The headlights are extra brite. Resale value stinks because of the rental market but I didn't buy it for resale. I bought it to drive and own for most of its useful life maybe 8 to 10 years. So far not one mechanical problem. Just a real nice car for the price. This is our first "new" car ever bought.

Bang for the buck
By MrRLJ-2 on 03/22/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Ford Taurus SE 4dr Sedan

I bought this car preowned with almost 63 thousand miles on it. This car is in good condition. I alternate from this car and my 98 Chevy Malibu LS. The Taurus is alot more confortable. I really love driving this car.

Be ware before you purchase a Ford Car
By enb74 on 03/17/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Ford Taurus SE 4dr Sedan

I bought this car for me and my wife in 2000. Though the ride and comfortable level is good the Fort Taurus numerous amount of problems is a killer. My NEW car had a leak in the steering pump, a leak in the ABS and ABS pump needed to be replaced. I had a leak on the interior passenger side. I send several letters to Ford Motor who never responded. I owned a Chevy before and I wanted to stay with Domestic cars, but at the level of service provided by Ford, I believe they lost another good costumer.

Finished with Fords!
By Not Again on 03/15/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Ford Taurus SES 4dr Sedan

While fun to drive, it is obvious that Ford skimped on the breaking and suspension systems of this car. Too bad! Have gone through rotors several times. Struts have also been replaced. Getting sick of this pain in the butt car, and have given up on Ford.