Used 2000 Ford Taurus SE Wagon Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Ford Taurus - Consumer Reviews

2000 Ford Taurus Wagon

SE 3.0L V6 4-speed Automatic - (25 reviews )

Taurus Wagon: backup car/ recreational car
By twedt3304

2000 Ford Taurus Wagon SE 4dr Wagon

Ive had the car since 2002 and gets driven about once a month When I dont drive my 09 focus coupe. Its a great recreational car: I go camping in it: Just fold down the back seats flat and you have a perfect bed, with plenty of head room left for a 5' 7" guy and my kid. Another great thing is the fact is seats 8 comfortably. Overall very comfortable and great build quality, other than my son says it looks like a potato. I Highly recommend it if Your looking for a Family or recreational car.

Favorite Features

It Seats 8 (more than a full-sized suv) comfortably!

Faithful Family Hauler
By popperoni2

2000 Ford Taurus Wagon SE 4dr Wagon

I bought my wagon used in 2002, with 18,000 miles on it. It now has over 163,000 miles and is my 24 y.o. son's daily driver. With routine maintenance, I've never had any major failures. Still has the original tranny. AC blows cold. I commuted 35 miles (each way) daily for 3 years with no problems. It survived three years of being a primary driver for 2 different high schoolers, and four years as a frat beer hauler. It's been loaded for multiple college move-ins and move-outs. Even hauled a trailer full of furniture from Mich. to D.C. Still looks good, inside and out. Just today, it completed a 120-mile trip without a hitch. It's a great car.

Favorite Features

Engine, transmission, air conditioning

Suggested Improvements

Could have used a more powerful engine

Much better than earlier models
By stealthfd

2000 Ford Taurus Wagon SE 4dr Wagon

We have over 100k on this wagon. Great suburban hauler,good for shopping and 2x80 lbs dogs. mileage is ok. brakes are poor, do an upgrade (baer or sho); rear springs too soft, esp. for a wagon. shocks/struts upgraded for better handling. minor front end work. no engine/trans. problems (vs. prior models) cheaper than European wagons. not many aftermarket goods. some torque steer. decent acceleration. tapered rear entry limits many big items that would have fit if square opening. front coil replaced at 30k but broke at 70k, puncture tire on freeway curve; almost hit the wall!

Favorite Features

low cost, easy to repair anywhere good hauler with good mileage. style ahead of it's time.

Suggested Improvements

brakes, shocks/struts. put on transmission cooler. seat heater. better power seat controls.

Great Car, Seats8, Holds More than SUV!!
By triedandtrue

2000 Ford Taurus Wagon SE 4dr Wagon

I purchased this car as an alternative to a minivan or SUV. Loved the fact that it seats 8 (three front row seat belts, three second row, and two more with flip up third row seat.) The wide opening at the back is amazing - held more than our minivan or previous SUV when hauling furniture, kids, building materials, etc. Car was VERY reliable, just oil changes and basic maintenance. This car was an EXCELLENT value for us. Planned to keep it just a couple years but can't bear to part with it - it's been a great all-around car!

Favorite Features

Seats eight, fold down seating allowed us to move furniture, building materials. Loved third row seat when we were carpooling with extra kids. Reliability was A+!

Suggested Improvements

None - it serves us well!

Don't Do it!
By OceanDancer

2000 Ford Taurus Wagon SE 4dr Wagon

This car is not worth the money. At 120k I have put $1400 in front end work. It eats up rotors. My valve cover gaskets are leaking. My heat decided to stop working this week. My lights dim when I brake, interior lights won't shut off, this is just a few of the numerous electrical problems. Two words for this car, money pit!

Favorite Features

Lots of room.