Used 2000 Ford Taurus SES Consumer Reviews - 38 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Ford Taurus - Consumer Reviews

2000 Ford Taurus

View reviews for a specific Taurus model:

Dependable (Kind of)
By AmbVY

2000 Ford Taurus SES 4dr Sedan

I have owned this car for 2 years. It is now 16 years old. My grandmother owned it for 10 prior to me. She kept it running well by performing regular maintenance. The engine is very reliable. It has never had any problems. Same goes for the transmission. It is still going strong. The car still has the original alternator, as well.

However, it is rusting badly. The plastic running boards along the doors of the car are gone; there is no longer any metal for them to screw into. I have had to replace the gas tank because it was rusting through and leaking fuel. I have replaced the catalytic converter because it was rusting. The screws that hold the sway bar clips have snapped; those clips had to be welded to the body of the car. I have replaced the front struts once; the rear struts twice. Besides the engine, everything else is falling apart.

What's the good news? Well, I suppose I get slightly better gas mileage now that the car weighs less due to the constant erosion of rust. Stay away from this car.

The Black Phantom
By Dock

2000 Ford Taurus SES 4dr Sedan

I have a Black Ford Taurus SES 24 Valve and It has 15 miles on it when I got. 15 years later it run and look brand new with 355,480 miles on it. I oil change it 6 times a year and change the transmission oil once a year. Also all other fluid in the car is changed yearly. I have only change the belt 3 times and the water pump twice the power steering pump once and everything else is great. I added a performance chip and a turbo blower to the unit and it help my gas mileage while increasing my horse power.

Good
By clcoleman

2000 Ford Taurus SES 4dr Sedan

I bought this car in 2006 with 150,000 miles on it. When I bought it. It was a preferred car at the dealership. So it got mantenance, pretty often, Change oil every 3,000 miles, and routine expection every week! In 2011 I changed the spark plugs, plug wires, fuel pump. And resivor. (naturally for a 11 year old car). At 206,340 miles still runs strong.

Mirror with lights in sunvisor, faux leather on door panels, remote keyless entry, v6, alloy rims, truck space, buttons on sterring wheel.

Nothing. Great car. They dont make these models anymore so....

Good Everyday Car
By FJN

2000 Ford Taurus SES 4dr Sedan

Purchased car used with 13K miles. Used as daily for eight years. Ran to NYC from Virginia several times each year. Great highway mileage(29mpg). 200HP engine moves. Nimbleness of this car surprises. As daily driver, always reliable. Performed routine maintenance. Comfortable car for four on trips. Gave car to my son two years ago. Still going strong for him. For me, I think this was one of Fords better vehicles.

Interior room. Exterior styling good for a "family" sedan.

Great car!
By ajc

2000 Ford Taurus SES 4dr Sedan

I bought this car in 03 needed something right away didnt think it would last me this long but I am amazed Ive never had any significant or major problems. Great gas mileage and very roomy and comfortable. To big for me but overall its been a great car. Great in the snow too!

comfy seats