2000 Ford Taurus - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Taurus model:
Good
By clcoleman on 10/15/11 17:04 PM (PDT)

2000 Ford Taurus SES 4dr Sedan

I bought this car in 2006 with 150,000 miles on it. When I bought it. It was a preferred car at the dealership. So it got mantenance, pretty often, Change oil every 3,000 miles, and routine expection every week! In 2011 I changed the spark plugs, plug wires, fuel pump. And resivor. (naturally for a 11 year old car). At 206,340 miles still runs strong.

Good Everyday Car
By FJN on 01/31/10 09:01 AM (PST)

2000 Ford Taurus SES 4dr Sedan

Purchased car used with 13K miles. Used as daily for eight years. Ran to NYC from Virginia several times each year. Great highway mileage(29mpg). 200HP engine moves. Nimbleness of this car surprises. As daily driver, always reliable. Performed routine maintenance. Comfortable car for four on trips. Gave car to my son two years ago. Still going strong for him. For me, I think this was one of Fords better vehicles.

Great car!
By ajc on 03/02/09 12:26 PM (PST)

2000 Ford Taurus SES 4dr Sedan

I bought this car in 03 needed something right away didnt think it would last me this long but I am amazed Ive never had any significant or major problems. Great gas mileage and very roomy and comfortable. To big for me but overall its been a great car. Great in the snow too!

'00 Taurus SES
By RD on 08/09/08 05:14 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Taurus SES 4dr Sedan

Bought a low mileage, SES with duratec engine. Can't say enough about the car. Build quality is excellent. Duratec engine is strong & powerful. I had a Sable before this SES, with Vulcan engine and there's no comparison. Clean, bold lines with none of the nanny features that are present today's vehicle. Straight forward and reliable is this SES, you can find many bargains on used Taurus & Sables.

Reliable SES
By Buddy4 on 03/27/08 08:58 AM (PDT)

2000 Ford Taurus SES 4dr Sedan

Has been a very reliable car, never have had anything fail or break down. The only expenses have been routine maintainence items, i.e. belts, hoses, battery, tires, etc.

Fantastic Car
By rmw313 on 05/22/07 18:31 PM (PDT)

2000 Ford Taurus SES 4dr Sedan

I've had this car for about 1 1/2 years. It now has 90,000 miles and I never had any problems with it. I love this car. It's so much fun to drive. The only drawback is the fuel economy. I usually get about 22 mpg. But other than that this is an amazing car!

A nice surprise!
By mike32779 on 11/22/06 19:42 PM (PST)

2000 Ford Taurus SES 4dr Sedan

This was originally my company car. I picked it up new in 7/00, drove it for 3+ years, and bought it from GE Fleet Leasing at 60,000 miles when it was due to be turned in. I got a new company car (2003 Impala) and gave the Taurus to my son. He's still driving it, and there have been no major breakdowns or failures. I am really very impressed with the vehicle. A winner!

Surprises, Surprises...
By PGH_FORD on 06/25/06 18:17 PM (PDT)

2000 Ford Taurus SES 4dr Sedan

I bought this Taurus SES new in 2000. It had no major problems for the first three years, other than 3 recalls. After 3 years things got interesting. At 44K, one of the rear coil springs snapped which destroyed a new tire as well as a rear strut. I ended up having to have both rear springs replaced, a new strut mount, 2 new struts, a new tire, and an alignment. The cost was over $1,500. The kicker was, this very problem was considered a safety recall on the front wheels, but not the back. Ford Customer service was not helpful. At 60,000 miles, my transmission began leaking fluid all over the garage floor. This ended up costing me $925 to for new gaskets and a torque converter.

The Best Car on The Road
By aw on 04/13/06 12:03 PM (PDT)

2000 Ford Taurus SES 4dr Sedan

I purchased this car from my father this last year and I love it. It has been taken care of and drives and looks just like it did when it was new. If you are looking for the most bang for your buck the Taurus is the right car for you.

Good, but junk
By Ken on 02/08/06 18:02 PM (PST)

2000 Ford Taurus SES 4dr Sedan

This is a powerful car. Fun to drive. Took it from Wisconsin to Arizona with no problems. But ... this thing is junk. I've had to put so much money into this thing. Brakes, fuel injectors, air conditioning, tie rods, steering column, had it in for transmissions problems 5 TIMES, engine noise (dealer cant find the problem). As soon as I hit 75,000 miles, WHEN THE WARRANTY WAS UP, the front end started making noise. Oh also, the steering makes a loud squeaking noise. Typical Ford product. Nice car, if you have the money for regular maintenance. By the way i only have 75,000 miles on it. My Chevy has 182,000 miles with no major problems.