1999 Ford Taurus Consumer Review: Not Again!!!

1999 Ford Taurus Sedan - Consumer Review

Not Again!!!
By All wrong on

1999 Ford Taurus SE 4dr Sedan

This is my second Taurus. The first had trans problems (1990). I decided to give it a try again. I purchased it slightly used with a warranty. It was loaded and a great size for my family. There was a trans problem with the car (55000 miles on it). The dealer fixed it before I took it home. Since that time this car had a lot of problems. Serpentin belt cracked, needed new hoses & plugs, brought it back 4 times for the transmission, and then this weekend I opened the trunk and found 3 inches of water in the spare tire well. The whole trunk was wet. It had (66000 miles on it). It also needed more maintenance.

I like the leather, heated mirrors, size, and stereo system.

We traded it in for a Dodge Status ES. At least with the Dodge I can figure out what is wrong with it if there is a problem. I was hoping Ford had improved but not from what I can see. Improve the cost to maintain the vehicle buy making better transmissions and parts.