1999 Ford Taurus Consumer Review: Irritated with Ford Motor Co!!

1999 Ford Taurus - Consumer Review

LX Sedan (3.0L V6 4-speed Automatic)

Irritated with Ford Motor Co!!!
By Rachel on

1999 Ford Taurus LX 4dr Sedan

My dad gave me the car 2 years ago. I have loved it up until recently.It's been a well maintained car while both of us have had it, more recently, really stupid things have been going wrong with it, like the heater hose, but guess what they don't make those heater hoses any more...by the way the are a molded maze of nightmares,the master cylinder was just replaced with the brake booster too, and the cam shaft position sensor went bad, don't go by the diagram to replace it, you will never find it. The starter is out on it now, due to an oil leak and I had to replace a battery, for the second time, 90 bux they are for that car. i liked the car, until ford stopped makin parts for it!

It's a comfortable car to drive and everything has been reliable in it until more recently...I have gotten great gas mileage from her...35 on highway and about 15 -18 around town, which really I think is pretty good. I will hate to see this car go! It handles well too.

Well, I am no mechanic, but the hosing system stinks! The starter, not in a great spot its under the engine....and does it really need a cam shaft position sensor? Also, what's with the dummy distributor? I think ford calls it an emissions pack...something like that...things were a mess that year!