1999 Ford Taurus Consumer Review: Fun to drive car

1999 Ford Taurus Sedan - Consumer Review

Fun to drive car
By JonathanV on

1999 Ford Taurus SE 4dr Sedan

So far an excellent car. I have put about 4,000 miles on the car since I bought it, and it has performed flawlessly. It had 82,000 miles when purchased. I am a senior in college, so having a reliable car is important to me, considering I go to school 600 miles from home. The wipers seem to come on by themselves occasionally, but so far that is the only problem. The engine and transmission seem to be doing fine, and are much smoother/quieter than some of the 'professoinal' critics would have you believe. Nearly imperceptible upshifts/downshifts. Does not use or leak even a drop of oil, a first for any American car I've ever owned. A/C works perfectly.

Favorite Features

The 98-99 Taurus models were the best looking ones in my opinion. I love how the car just flows like liquid metal. I didn't like the design until I saw it up close and got used to looking at it. Now I love it. The interior is also very nice and not plasticky like GMs from this time.

Suggested Improvements

Would have been better if all the SE models had the Duratec V6 rather than the Vulcan. Also, better water seals on the front passenger-side lights were needed.