Black 99' SHO
By Rob on
1999 Ford Taurus SE 4dr Wagon
The Taurus SHO and other models (G, LX etc.) has been a very great asset to Ford. I love my SHO, it has everything I want in a car except a 5-speed or a shiftable automatic. The car is fun to drive and very solid. However, I feel that Ford has a big problem on their hands with all the terrible camshaft failures. I think Ford should own up to the problem and fix all the cars that fail or have a recall and put properly made cams in the cars. Many people love their SHO's and it seems like the right thing for Ford to do. I would expect such a huge company (one of the big three) to own up to the production flaw. Why should people have to get their cams welded? Ford needs to pay for it.
Favorite Features
I think the Yamaha/Ford built engine is a jewel of an engine. Again, this brings up the issue of a manual transmission being available? Still a great car.
Suggested Improvements
Fix the camshaft sprocket problem. We as owners should not have to worry about a problem like this. Ford may have also thrown away a car that saved them from going under. I don't understand why they would do that? This car was built for 20 years and Ford made a ton of money and people love the car