1999 Ford Taurus Consumer Review: Black 99' SHO

1999 Ford Taurus Wagon - Consumer Review

Black 99' SHO
By Rob on

1999 Ford Taurus SE 4dr Wagon

The Taurus SHO and other models (G, LX etc.) has been a very great asset to Ford. I love my SHO, it has everything I want in a car except a 5-speed or a shiftable automatic. The car is fun to drive and very solid. However, I feel that Ford has a big problem on their hands with all the terrible camshaft failures. I think Ford should own up to the problem and fix all the cars that fail or have a recall and put properly made cams in the cars. Many people love their SHO's and it seems like the right thing for Ford to do. I would expect such a huge company (one of the big three) to own up to the production flaw. Why should people have to get their cams welded? Ford needs to pay for it.

I think the Yamaha/Ford built engine is a jewel of an engine. Again, this brings up the issue of a manual transmission being available? Still a great car.

Fix the camshaft sprocket problem. We as owners should not have to worry about a problem like this. Ford may have also thrown away a car that saved them from going under. I don't understand why they would do that? This car was built for 20 years and Ford made a ton of money and people love the car