Used 1999 Ford Taurus Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1999 Ford Taurus - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Taurus model:

fish
By angela martinez

1999 Ford Taurus SE 4dr Sedan

I love driving my Taurus, it's very comfortable, roomy, front and back, large space in trunk, very good on gas. I drive 14 miles to work and 14 miles back and I go out of town, 200 miles total every week.

Radio, button inside car to open trunk, adjustable seats.

CD player included

Nothing but trouble...
By L. Mazza

1999 Ford Taurus SE 4dr Sedan

Bought this car with 36,000 miles for $6,000 and put almost $4,000 in repairs in 4 years. Always needs alignments. ABS light came on after front brakes were fixed. Replaced rack & pinion steering TWICE. Replaced heater core and heater broke again less than one year later. Mysterious rusty radiator fluid means more problems. Mechanic said, "I wouldn't put any more money into this car." Radiator overheated last night on my way to TOYOTA dealership. Now I have a RELIABLE car!

I liked it when it was not falling apart.

Buy a TOYOTA.

You better be ready for this...
By Steve The Bluesman

1999 Ford Taurus SE 4dr Sedan

Bought used 3 1/2 years ago with 68k. Had to repair brakes twice, coolant reservoir, heater core, wheel bearings...but the car has never stranded anyone. Know going in that this car has a lot of design defects that you need to be aware of. Brakes, transmission, coolant system (including heater), are all going to fail. I do like the car though. Comfortable and safe, and it has turned me into a mechanic.

Power seat, decent sound system, old school American ride.

This car is gone, so the suggestion is to Ford to smarten up. Build a low priced, good looking car that performs well and is reliable. Why is that so hard?

Decent, When Its Running...
By gmercedesbenz

1999 Ford Taurus SE 4dr Sedan

2nd owner of the car, bought off of a family member. She's got 186,000 on her, but it's one thing after another. First, the rack on the steering went. OK, then I blew a coolant line, which Ford says, requires me to replace ALL the coolant lines in the system. Definably going either Honda or Toyota. This is my 2nd car, and being a high school student, I can't afford the repairs. Would be a great car, if it wasn't for the mileage.

Roomy! Very smooth ride on the freeway, even at speed.

Better materials. Period. It's that simple, just build the car to last longer.

good car
By kellie

1999 Ford Taurus SE 4dr Sedan

My first car was a 90 Taurus and I beat that poor car to death. I was in a very bad accident in the Jeep that I owned before purchasing my current Taurus, so I wanted a car that was safe. I love the handling, the get up and go, and the car is incredibly comfy. However, the brakes are AWFUL, I have already had to replace them 2 times. Also, my car started chirping very loud, like a bird when it was cold (right after purchase). I was very upset thinking the guy sold me a ticking time bomb, but my Dad changed my transmission fluid on a whim and it has been quiet ever since. The previous owner used the wrong fluid. Overall I am very happy with my car. I got a very good deal on it.

Comfy, great heat and a/c, roomy, get up and go. I think it's a great deal if the previous owner took care of it.

The brakes are garbage. I think the radio/ heat and a/c controls were not designed well.