1999 Ford Taurus Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Taurus model:
I've got a good one!
By HeartlandJason on 07/14/07 10:32 AM (PDT)

1999 Ford Taurus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

I bought this car with 27000 miles on it and now have 123,000 on it. I have only put $450 into it for a serpentine belt and tie rods. It has been very reliable and trouble free. My best mileage has been 33 mpg. This car is a great value for your money!

It could be better, what is up with Ford
By Toni on 06/29/07 21:01 PM (PDT)

1999 Ford Taurus Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

It was an OK car. No major repairs, but I guess I was lucky. I have another Taurus that was a lemon. I will never buy Taurus or Ford again. I hoped Ford could improve it rather than make it less reliable.

Sad News
By sad news on 04/08/07 15:07 PM (PDT)

1999 Ford Taurus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

Well I am at 188,888 which is a lot, but I expected more from my Taurus. I have to date replaced rack and pionion steering and the alternator. Now the transmission is going as well as the strut mounts and the frontend. The car has been a disappoinment. My next car will not ne a domestic as my husband has a 1991 4runner with 288,000 on it and it's going strong. Ford lost my business.

fish
By angela martinez on 03/28/07 12:53 PM (PDT)

1999 Ford Taurus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

I love driving my Taurus, it's very comfortable, roomy, front and back, large space in trunk, very good on gas. I drive 14 miles to work and 14 miles back and I go out of town, 200 miles total every week.

Nothing but trouble...
By L. Mazza on 11/29/06 08:41 AM (PST)

1999 Ford Taurus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

Bought this car with 36,000 miles for $6,000 and put almost $4,000 in repairs in 4 years. Always needs alignments. ABS light came on after front brakes were fixed. Replaced rack & pinion steering TWICE. Replaced heater core and heater broke again less than one year later. Mysterious rusty radiator fluid means more problems. Mechanic said, "I wouldn't put any more money into this car." Radiator overheated last night on my way to TOYOTA dealership. Now I have a RELIABLE car!

You better be ready for this...
By Steve The Bluesman on 11/28/06 10:37 AM (PST)

1999 Ford Taurus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

Bought used 3 1/2 years ago with 68k. Had to repair brakes twice, coolant reservoir, heater core, wheel bearings...but the car has never stranded anyone. Know going in that this car has a lot of design defects that you need to be aware of. Brakes, transmission, coolant system (including heater), are all going to fail. I do like the car though. Comfortable and safe, and it has turned me into a mechanic.

Decent, When Its Running...
By gmercedesbenz on 11/14/06 16:18 PM (PST)

1999 Ford Taurus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

2nd owner of the car, bought off of a family member. She's got 186,000 on her, but it's one thing after another. First, the rack on the steering went. OK, then I blew a coolant line, which Ford says, requires me to replace ALL the coolant lines in the system. Definably going either Honda or Toyota. This is my 2nd car, and being a high school student, I can't afford the repairs. Would be a great car, if it wasn't for the mileage.

good car
By kellie on 11/11/06 21:29 PM (PST)

1999 Ford Taurus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

My first car was a 90 Taurus and I beat that poor car to death. I was in a very bad accident in the Jeep that I owned before purchasing my current Taurus, so I wanted a car that was safe. I love the handling, the get up and go, and the car is incredibly comfy. However, the brakes are AWFUL, I have already had to replace them 2 times. Also, my car started chirping very loud, like a bird when it was cold (right after purchase). I was very upset thinking the guy sold me a ticking time bomb, but my Dad changed my transmission fluid on a whim and it has been quiet ever since. The previous owner used the wrong fluid. Overall I am very happy with my car. I got a very good deal on it.

70K miles, no problems
By Golfnut on 09/10/06 14:57 PM (PDT)

1999 Ford Taurus Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

I purchased this new w/ incredible discounts, $8,000 off and 0.0% financing, no Japanese car can compare with that. The interior space is great, I'm 5'11", 270lbs and I have no problems getting in or out. I can not get into hardly any Japanese vehicle. I have not had to make any repairs on this vehicle and saved over $10,000 compared to comparable Japanese cars. I love my Taurus and will be giving it to my 16 year old son to drive because I know it is dependable.

1999 Taurus SE
By katie on 07/04/06 19:19 PM (PDT)

1999 Ford Taurus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

The Taurus is a surprisingly good driving car. The ride is very comfortable and the handling is better than I expected. The A/C is excellent. The controls are logical and easy to use. I bought the car with 115m on it and expect over 200m with frequent oil changes and other scheduled maintenance. The car has been outstanding so far.