Used 1999 Ford Taurus Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1999 Ford Taurus Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Taurus model:

I got a good deal
By Paul

1999 Ford Taurus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

I am quite surprised by some of these reviews. I bought my 99 Taurus with 35k miles and it now has 160k miles. I have had no problems what so ever with this vehicle. I have a friend with a 98 and his has 250k miles on it and it runs like a champ. I do regular maintenance on my vehicle, oil changes, a few trans flushes, breaks and the like. Overall, I have been quite happy with this car and look forward to another easy 100k miles. -Paul

Dependable
By Arlene

1999 Ford Taurus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

When I purchased my Taurus 4 years ago it had 132,000 miles on it. It was a one owner and I purchased it directly from the owner who had kept every receipt for oil changes, tires. They had changed oil every 3000 miles. I change it every 5,000 miles and it uses no oil in between. This has been a very reliable car. All I have had to do was some a/c work $600.00, replace battery and tires. It now has about 186,000 miles and I will keep it until it gives out. The body looks good. I don't feel like I am driving an outdated car (the spoiler makes it). It has been a blessing to me.

Looks of the car with spoiler, and nice wheels

Wish it had a cd player!

99 Taurus
By Alex

1999 Ford Taurus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

I bought this car around 07 with 84,000 on it about 10,000 miles later the head gasket blow. I fixed it in about a week then 5000 miles down the road while I was getting a brain tumor removed the motor blew on the highway leaving my wife all by herself with no help at night. This car is awful do not buy one don't even think about it get something else avoid at all cost.

It is out of my life for good

everything

Power steering pump every other oil chng
By Mike

1999 Ford Taurus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

Car was perfect til about 110k. Had a few minor issues but nothing out of the ordinary. Then, since 10/07, have only put about 18k on it. 2 racks, 4 power steering pumps, still growls even though new pump. Have had pumps die after just 3 weeks. As far as rest if time, gas mileage on ordinary driving, 20 mpg. This car replaced a 91 caprice which got the same, but had a V8. Have gotten as high as 29 on highway. Adequate power, has gone down since bought car. Tranny--no actual problems except speed sensor a while back. Ride--a little stiff for long trips being the SE, but corners well. Love: fold down rear seats.

Fold down rear seats, corners well (SE version). Has 127k on it, burns no oil yet. Alum exhaust/radiator still original

Well, they changed it in 2000. The flip up front console which blocks the cig lighter, fortunately there are 2 of them. headlights hard to change & not much light from them. All seem to start to rust on drivers side front of rear wheel well.

Reliable Car
By Don

1999 Ford Taurus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

It has been a good car. We bought the car in TX and it handled the heat there and the cold in MT. The transmission went out at exactly 100K. The suspension needs replaced now at 125K. The paint came off of the spoiler. The only place it peeled off.

Automatic climate control