1999 Ford Taurus - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Taurus model:
Great car fun to drive
By mccann_mike on 10/05/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Ford Taurus SHO 4dr Sedan

This car sounds as good as it looks and runs even better. Great fun. Everything about the car is good.

Its not too bad
By Bulldog on 09/26/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Ford Taurus LX 4dr Sedan

If it wasn't for the tranny going out at 42000 miles (extended warranty) and the brakes forever shaking this would be an excellent car.

i like it...
By nubian on 09/21/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Ford Taurus SE 4dr Sedan

I'm had my car for about 2 months...so far I love it. The car cash mileage is great. I also took out an extend warrenty. I had a good experience with my car so far. Its kinda fun. Its a good long distance driving car.

sho'srock
By Dave Kucbel on 09/15/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Ford Taurus SHO 4dr Sedan

I've been quite satisfied with my purchace,It's pretty funny to pull up to a car and rev the Engine and they give you a look like look at this kid driving his mommys Taurus.Little do they know there's a 235hp v8 under the hood. Then when you beat them they either turn at the next street or they ask me about it at the next light. Most of them ask if I got turbo,I just laugh and say "no it's just ford"

Good Job Ford!
By Whasuhname on 09/13/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Ford Taurus SE 4dr Sedan

Ok, I like my car. It is a nice looking vehicle and it rides really nicely. I've had minimal issues (i.e. speed sensor went out so I was like driving down the raod and it would randomly decide when it wanted to provide power to the drivetrain!...I mean I would be on the highway and like I would be stepping on the pedal and it just made the engine rev with no power to the wheels! it only cost like 50 bucks to fix so I was gladd :)). I have put like almost 40000 miles on that car in like a year and a half (its at 76000 now), and it still drives smooth. Taurus=good contour=bad

Don't buy this car
By whocares on 09/11/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Ford Taurus LX 4dr Sedan

I bought this car brand new hoping I got a deal, but after couple of weeks, automatic transmission started slipping, jerking and all that. Taken to ford dealership, could not find the problem. Got serviced at 36000, break problem started.. Now car is at 41000 miles and all kind of oil is leaking and messed up brakes too. Asked dealer why is it leaking, they are saying it is regaulr for tarus when they are above 40000. Now I am spending another $1400 to fix the oil leak. I think I did a big mistake buying this car.. Therefore people learn a lesson from me and do not go for ford taurus. One more thing to note, it has all freeway miles and easy ones..

my taurus
By Thomas Portal on 08/20/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Ford Taurus SE 4dr Sedan

I've driven from CA to FL and back with no problems. Since I purchased this car I can count on one hand how many times it didn't start on the first turn of the key.

Family and Forceful car
By ABmoc2 on 08/18/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Ford Taurus SE 4dr Sedan

Ford's best Taurus. Love the engine sounds.

Very poor choice
By bdelauri on 08/16/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Ford Taurus SE 4dr Sedan

I have nothing but major and minor problems with this car. Not to mention that it has no good resale value. I have had to replace numerous things such as: power steering pump, abs sensors, trans mission, engiene and front struts are now going out. And on and on if I had more time....:(

Worried
By Carol S on 08/13/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Ford Taurus SE 4dr Sedan

I was very pleased with my 99 Taurus until we noticed a nice rattle about a month ago. Have discovered it to be one of the two catalytic converters is breaking apart. This is outrageously priced to fix. The part is expensive, plus...the mounting bolts are almost unreachable for some mechanics--one exhaust shop won't even work on it because of the mounting. I bought the extended warranty; however, it does not cover this. WHEW! That's a load off my chest.