1999 Ford Taurus 3.0L V6 4-speed Automatic Consumer Review - '99 Taurus - the Best,

1999 Ford Taurus Sedan - Consumer Review

'99 Taurus - the Best, the Beast!
By Moonman on

1999 Ford Taurus SE 4dr Sedan

I got a great deal on this new '99 in Jan. 2000. It has the 24v engine & the standard SE package. I drive it 900 miles to Fla. & 900 back twice a year with only an oil change before the trip. To work and church are both 4.5 mi. so it does get up to operating temperature most times it's driven. The only thing that has broken is the accelerator cable (June '05) and it took forever to get the part as it seems none have ever broken before & none could be found locally. I love driving this car! It accelerates VERY well, and surprises a lot of "tuner" cars off the line. It gives great mileage on the interstate, but, with my heavy foot I use a lot of fuel. So I'm careful. Still 100% stock. Love it!

Favorite Features

The 3L 24v dual overhead cam v6 is perfect for this car, 205HP and good gas mileage. Power everything and keyless entry plus the keypad on the drivers door will allow easy access into the car when out in the yard. Very aerodynamic, with an aggressive front end look.

Suggested Improvements

It is too late now but ... PLEASE DO NOT DROP THE TAURUS!