Never Again
By L on
1998 Ford Taurus LX 4dr Sedan
I have always had faith in Taurus' until this one. I have put less than 10K on this car and more than $2K into in in less than one year. Now, service engine light on and probably another $1K bill. Already had transmission rebuilt at 80,000 miles, had freeze out plugs replaced (low cost part) high labor job $1200 for that job. After 4 months had to replace all sway link bars (twenty years of driving never heard of them), I do oil changes regularly. Brake design and trans stinks as we all know. Owned the car less than 1.5 years and I can say this is the worst car I ever owned. I got more use/mileage out of a $200 1994 Ford Taurus. A lot of people have had heat issues, my turn I'm sure.
Favorite Features
The day I can replace it; however, I'm sure I'll continue to get screwed for a while before I can do that. I need a case of WD-40 to own this car. Cannot feel comfortable driving because I'm too nervous waiting for the next repair.
Suggested Improvements
Trans, window closures, suspension issues or sway links, engine improvement and of course, breaks, shifts really weird very often.