1998 Ford Taurus - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Taurus model:
By E.Greene on 01/28/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 Ford Taurus SE 4dr Sedan

I,ve owned this vehicle for 3+ years and it has been an extremely reliable car. The car currently has 176000+ miles and I have no compliants. Only maintance has been normal wear and tear with parts resonably priced. Engine does not burn any oil even at this mileage.

Best Car EVER!
By dc129 on 12/29/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 Ford Taurus SE 4dr Sedan

I got this as a used car like I always do and, to my suprise it has been my favorite car that ive ever owned! I bought it with 13000 mi on it. Currently, it has 208,102 mi! It has been a great runner. I had to commute about 100 mi a day for work one way for about 5 years. I then traveled back home another 100 mi, and ran around town for about 25 more totaling 225 mi EVERY DAY +/- a few miles here & there. This car is the best. It has performed EXCELLENT.

great overall
By andyland on 12/01/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 Ford Taurus SE 4dr Wagon

great overall

Not Bad for a Wagon
By LtcMike on 10/24/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Ford Taurus SE 4dr Sedan

Exceptional handling---very easy to drive. Biggest disappointment is the Alternator, which has been replaced 2x. Headlamps still "flicker & dim" with regularity.

Good
By wawa on 10/20/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Ford Taurus SE 4dr Sedan

It is a good car for me. Up to now,everything is fine. And it is fun to drive it. But it drinks gas in local, I just use this car for freeway, kind of safe and save gas. Compared with used corolla you can get with the same money,the performance is much better(I have a 5-speed corolla for local,no fun to drive, just save gas).Buy a used taurus should be a good choice if you often on freeway. I am kind of fan of taurus. I will keep this taurus till it die. And each time, I will rent a new taurus for long trip.

i like it
By tr357nyack on 09/08/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Ford Taurus SE 4dr Wagon

Second Taurus that I owned. Can't beat the value you get. Little problems out side the normal maintenance items.

Second Taurus for Me
By cag1970 on 08/27/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Ford Taurus SE 4dr Sedan

Having already put over 114,000 miles on a 1989 Taurus GL, purchasing a 1998 Taurus SE--which had seen life as a service loaner and had 39,600 miles on it--was a no-brainer for me. The car is a workhorse, no question. It rides well, it looks good, and it's got plenty enough power to get me going down the freeway. For the money, this Taurus is tough to beat.

junk
By cgn49 on 08/22/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Ford Taurus SE 4dr Sedan

replaced transmission at 58,000 miles, a/c at 45,000 miles, fuel injectors. every week something else went wrong. car is crap; never again will i buy american garbage

Vincent Pagnotta
By VINCENT PAGNOTTA on 07/24/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Ford Taurus SHO 4dr Sedan

I am the original owner of this vehicle. I have 2 set of rims and tire for this car for winter and spring and summer driver. Maintainance is completed by Ford all the time. Has extended 3 yr. warranty on car.

Excellent RIde for the money
By Tristar504 on 07/19/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

Great car for the price