1998 Ford Taurus Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Taurus model:
Best Car EVER!
By dc129 on 12/29/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 Ford Taurus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

I got this as a used car like I always do and, to my suprise it has been my favorite car that ive ever owned! I bought it with 13000 mi on it. Currently, it has 208,102 mi! It has been a great runner. I had to commute about 100 mi a day for work one way for about 5 years. I then traveled back home another 100 mi, and ran around town for about 25 more totaling 225 mi EVERY DAY +/- a few miles here & there. This car is the best. It has performed EXCELLENT.

Not Bad for a Wagon
By LtcMike on 10/24/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Ford Taurus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

Exceptional handling---very easy to drive. Biggest disappointment is the Alternator, which has been replaced 2x. Headlamps still "flicker & dim" with regularity.

Good
By wawa on 10/20/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Ford Taurus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

It is a good car for me. Up to now,everything is fine. And it is fun to drive it. But it drinks gas in local, I just use this car for freeway, kind of safe and save gas. Compared with used corolla you can get with the same money,the performance is much better(I have a 5-speed corolla for local,no fun to drive, just save gas).Buy a used taurus should be a good choice if you often on freeway. I am kind of fan of taurus. I will keep this taurus till it die. And each time, I will rent a new taurus for long trip.

Second Taurus for Me
By cag1970 on 08/27/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Ford Taurus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

Having already put over 114,000 miles on a 1989 Taurus GL, purchasing a 1998 Taurus SE--which had seen life as a service loaner and had 39,600 miles on it--was a no-brainer for me. The car is a workhorse, no question. It rides well, it looks good, and it's got plenty enough power to get me going down the freeway. For the money, this Taurus is tough to beat.

junk
By cgn49 on 08/22/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Ford Taurus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

replaced transmission at 58,000 miles, a/c at 45,000 miles, fuel injectors. every week something else went wrong. car is crap; never again will i buy american garbage

Excellent RIde for the money
By Tristar504 on 07/19/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

Great car for the price

love it
By rma672 on 07/01/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Ford Taurus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

My '98 taurus is my first new to me car, and i love it. Bought it with 57000 miles on it, and just turned 68000 miles with no major problems. The only things that have gone wrong, is that my day time running lights went and my power locks were a little weird. Overall i love it, its a great car, very dependable and lots of power for just the 3.0 v6.

Not Just for Grandma
By nelsondigging on 06/26/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Ford Taurus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

After we bought this vehicle, we saw plenty of them on the road---being driven by cute little old ladies. We are in our 20's with two children, and have gotten great use out of our Taurus. We live in a small town, and the majority of the miles are from highway driving. It has enough power to pass easily, and gets up and goes when we need it to. We have never had any mechanical problems, and will really miss it when the time comes to sell.

By PCCOPP on 04/11/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Ford Taurus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

I purchased my car in 1999 as a "Program" car - Hertz Rental Car return. I got it with 23K miles on it. (surprised that a rental had 23K in one year). Taurus is versatile. I like splitting the rear seat and running to Home Depot for 2 x 4's I purchased the car for $11.5K and felt it was a value to get a one year old full size/fully loaded car, with two years /12K of bumper to bumper warranty. The Dual Air Bags/ABS sold me. Car is dependable. No trany problems My coolant tank just cracked and my mechanic told me that this is common for Tauruses as a bad design. I am replacing myself and the dealer sells part for $32.00.

My first American-made car.
By cg3 on 03/11/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 Ford Taurus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

Owned only sports-imports until being practical arrived in the form of my first and only child. I wanted a car with excellent safety ratings with strong reliability, low incidence of repairs, and affordability. The Ford Taurus seemed to fit the requirements. Overall, very pleased with two exceptions. The console between the bucket seats has always seemed as though it was an add on feature. Rattles, plastic, cheap. The other very disappointing feature is the body molding around the doors and windows are evidently a feature of compromised value, discoloring and spotting. Tried everything to protect it, restore it. Very disappointing.