1998 Ford Taurus Consumer Reviews 10

1998 Ford Taurus - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Taurus model:
Bad transmission
By Aleene Varnadoe on 05/10/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Ford Taurus SE 4dr Sedan

Transmission went out without any warning. Ford Dealership wants $3067.00 to repair the damange. Too much money for a low milage car. I have taken very good care and serviced the car every 3000 miles. Dealership said something broke in the transmission.

good for me good for you
By fred lober on 04/17/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Ford Taurus LX 4dr Sedan

no problems everything still working good ,never had to pay for any repairs other than maintenance

Great Car
By Brad Billmaier on 03/26/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 Ford Taurus SHO 4dr Sedan

I currently own a 1995 Taurus SHO. The last of the "true" SHO's. I enjoy the car, but i dont need a manual transaxle in a sports sedan. if i wanted to run the gears myself id buy a SPORTS CAR. Thats why im looking into the 3rd Generation SHO. They look great, perform good, and there is nothing like rolling up on an unsuspecting 5.SLOW and SHOing them the dual oval pipes out back.

Fair Taurus
By Nehemiah on 03/22/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 Ford Taurus SE 4dr Sedan

I am happy with my Taurus. It's the SE-standard. The car damatically changed when I equipped it with Bridgestone Potenza RE-710 245/55 on the four corners. The handling improved lightyears.

SE, a great car
By TaurusFan on 03/07/02 21:19 PM (PST)

1998 Ford Taurus SE 4dr Sedan

No matter what people say, I love my Ford Taurus. I have owned it for a year now and have never had a problem. It runs/drives great and seems to be one of the best built cars I've driven.

'98 Taurus Se Fully Loaded
By Joshua Krause on 03/05/02 16:31 PM (PST)

1998 Ford Taurus SE 4dr Sedan

I have only owned this vehicle for a month now, but I can already say that I love it. It is the fully loaded model with the 24V V6. It has plenty of power and the Tranny shifts very smoothly. I like all the features and since it is a pretty popular car, I got a really decent price on it.

Looks like an SHO
By snaptab on 02/11/02 22:45 PM (PST)

1998 Ford Taurus SE 4dr Sedan

Great 24 valve V6, good acceleration and handling, good interior room and comfort, good exterior appearence, mediocre A/T performance, unexceptional gas mileage, questionable long-term reliability, poor front disc rotor/pad wear. Overall I would recommend, especially at the price. Looks as good as an SHO.