1998 Ford Taurus SHO SHO Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1998 Ford Taurus SHO - Consumer Reviews

SHO Sedan (3.4L V8 4-speed Automatic)

SHO 3.4L V8 4-speed Automatic - (6 reviews )
My SHO
By pat muscarella on 08/11/06 12:47 PM (PDT)

1998 Ford Taurus SHO SHO 4dr Sedan

Great car I am the original owner and the car has exceeded my expectations in performance and lasting quality. As an engineer, I am still impressed with the power and comfort @ 111,000 miles.

GREAT CAR!
By Jeff on 03/29/05 08:45 AM (PST)

1998 Ford Taurus SHO SHO 4dr Sedan

This has been the best car I have ever owned. Overall even better than my vintage Corvette! It wants to GO! And yet is has great creature comforts and a killer sound system. Eventually I will have to move on from my car with 120,000 miles. Unfortunately, Ford has chosen to stop offering this great car. Where will I go now?

1998 Taurus SHO
By SHOverine on 12/24/04 21:08 PM (PST)

1998 Ford Taurus SHO SHO 4dr Sedan

Watch for camshaft problems. Otherwise this is a fun car to drive. The V8 provides great power, especially over 50mph. Interior is roomy (I'm 6'3", so I should know). Trunk is very spacious - holds 4 sets of golf clubs. My SHO has over 125K miles on it and is still running like a champ (only major repair was getting the cams welded). If you are in the market for a SHO - get the cams welded!

Vincent Pagnotta
By VINCENT PAGNOTTA on 07/24/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Ford Taurus SHO SHO 4dr Sedan

I am the original owner of this vehicle. I have 2 set of rims and tire for this car for winter and spring and summer driver. Maintainance is completed by Ford all the time. Has extended 3 yr. warranty on car.

Very pleased customer
By Joe Chez on 06/27/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Ford Taurus SHO SHO 4dr Sedan

Pretty fast for a sedan. Handles really well and an overall fun car to drive. The depreciation of the car is definitely in the buyers favor. This car was 30,000+ new and I bought the car for only 10,000 three years later.

Great Car
By Brad Billmaier on 03/26/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 Ford Taurus SHO SHO 4dr Sedan

I currently own a 1995 Taurus SHO. The last of the "true" SHO's. I enjoy the car, but i dont need a manual transaxle in a sports sedan. if i wanted to run the gears myself id buy a SPORTS CAR. Thats why im looking into the 3rd Generation SHO. They look great, perform good, and there is nothing like rolling up on an unsuspecting 5.SLOW and SHOing them the dual oval pipes out back.