1998 Ford Taurus - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Taurus model:
A truly great beater
By firstwagon on 02/26/11 17:07 PM (PST)

1998 Ford Taurus LX 4dr Sedan

I bought our 98 Taurus SE for $1200 2 years ago. Since then we have put 20,000 miles on it and done nothing but oil changes. Mileage is good, handles great for an American car, is comfortable and has a big trunk. I just wanted a cheap beater as a second car but it turned out to be a reliable daily driver.

Let there be HEAT!
By rook2296 on 12/12/06 02:41 AM (PST)

1998 Ford Taurus LX 4dr Sedan

I have owned my car for three years now and for each year I have not had any heat, I have done work on the car to fix and it still won't work without changing the heater core. I have also had to change the battery twice and the alternator once. I changed my brakes and rotors twice and I am not a speed demon either, the upholstery falls apart and the car just is overall not a good buy! Don't Buy!

good most of the time
By sop1 on 03/10/06 11:30 AM (PST)

1998 Ford Taurus LX 4dr Sedan

Overall, a good car. Most of the time works smoothly, but when something does go wrong it's usually expensive. Safety features provide all sorts of quirks.

All mighty Taurus
By Mike Pagone on 10/19/05 20:30 PM (PDT)

1998 Ford Taurus LX 4dr Sedan

The car has been very good so far. I only had minor problems. Since it does have 90,000 miles this is normal for any car. It rides great and it is by far the most comfortable car i have ever driven. The only thing I can't stand about the car is the inaccurate fuel gauge. It seems to never tell me the right amount of fuel I have.

98 Taurus
By Herb2453 on 05/10/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Ford Taurus LX 4dr Sedan

Very good ecoonomical car, however design in front for tall people not good. Because doors get into room of leg.

lemon
By Browns on 10/23/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Ford Taurus LX 4dr Sedan

I have a '98 Ford Taurus that I have put over $2k in already! I just found out that the head gaskets need to be replaced which would run me another $1k! For only having 62,000 miles on my car, I shouldn't be having this many problems. I am very unhappy with the quality of this vehicle!

good for me good for you
By fred lober on 04/17/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Ford Taurus LX 4dr Sedan

no problems everything still working good ,never had to pay for any repairs other than maintenance