Rust Bucket
By Brian Rogers on
1997 Ford Taurus GL 4dr Sedan
Have had this car for five years. It has 104,000 miles on it. Had to replace camshaft position sensor. Other problems include two wheel bearing replacements at 60,000 miles, warped rotors, replaced power steering pump at 98,000. Worst problem if you live in the northeast. The plastic rocker panel trim holds the salt and water against the body along the bottom below the doors. The metal is completely eaten away, and now the car cannot be lifted on an automobile lift.
By madison77
on 03/14/11 15:06 PM (PDT)

1.Had to replace camshaft position sensor On my car I had to replace the CPS twice in four years. Don't know why. 2.warped rotors, I am having problems with my rotors too. I can't have my car aligned because my rods are shot. It won't be worth fixing the rods anyways. 3.The metal is completely eaten away, and now the car cannot be lifted on an automobile lift. Blame it on the weather not the car. My Aunt lived in the northeast for many many years and finally moved out here to California and her Honda Civic is so rusted underneath the car from the snow she will have to buy a new car soon. The mechanics are afraid to work on her car since its so rusted they might break something or something will fall off.