Pretty good car
By madison77 on
1997 Ford Taurus GL 4dr Sedan
My car is 14 years old and still running. Bought it used when it was 3 years old with 29,000 miles. It now has 123, something miles and still runs okay. I've experienced problems time to time. Typical for an older car. My car likes to leak fluids a lot and burns oil in the engine area not the exhaust since I try to keep on top of the oil resovoir. My car has a problem with the door jam sensor. When I get in the car and close the door the car door sensor thinks the door is still open when it actually is closed. To this day it still does it and it drives me nuts but I don't want to spend money on fixing this problem. Its not worth it. Car still has good acceleration. I hate the fuel milage.
Favorite Features
I love the comfort of this car, especially in the back. For six speakers really good sound system. Not as good as my Mustang I used to have but second to best. Very spacious trunk. You can get lost in there, haha
Suggested Improvements
Better fuel milage, I know this is a family car and fuel milage will be low but I think the camry has a little bit better fuel milage than this car and the camry is a family car. fix the leaky problems. My radiator is terrible with this. I have nothing but radiator problems when it comes to leaks. Oil leaks but not as bad as my radiator. Had my transmission leak fixed which is good. I've heard nightmare stories about transmissions going out in this car but to this day had not one problem with my transmission yet. I am praying it won't happen soon. I plan on keeping this car until it dies. Hopefully it will last me two more years.
By madison77
on 02/29/12 12:56 PM (PST)

I am still having radiator problems. My radiator reservoir leaked last November of 2011 and its been fine until a week ago. Now something else in the radiator is leaking. Its not the reservoir I don't think but somewhere else because a little bit of anti-freeze was under the car and every so often I will hear something that sounds like a gargling noise in the front of the car like fluid sloshing around. And when I get out of the car you can smell the anti-freeze. I have to figure out where the leak is. I don't want to put more money in this car. The car made me broke at the end of last year. I had no money for Christmas presents. I am hoping my parents can help me with this. I told them I don't want to spend another dime on repairs. This is the last straw. Besides the freaking radiator leaks its been a fine car.

By madison77
on 05/08/12 11:11 AM (PDT)

My parents and I are going to sell my car. I found out a month ago I have a damaged head gasket. That is why my car is overheating. Also the reason why the anti-freeze came out of the reservoir was because it had the wrong cap on it. Weird. Three caps and they all did the same thing. Forth cap, problem fixed. My parents bought me an early birthday present on Sunday. They bought me a 2012 Toyota Corolla. So far I am very happy with it. I will miss the Taurus because of its comfortable ride but I am not going to miss the repair bills. It's normal for a car this age to have a lot of repairs but I can't afford it anymore. This car will be missed once we sell it.