Just Say No!
By hrfletch on
1997 Ford Taurus G 4dr Sedan
I thought I got a great deal on this car. Boy, was I wrong, sensor in tranny went out within 3 weeks of purchase. I've spent more on this car than I purchased it for. I heard bad things about Fords before, now I understand why. Everything seems to be set up to cost us more money and put more in Ford's pocket? Had electrical fire with it the other day for no apparent reason. The air conditioner just shut off and it started smoking under the hood. The relay fuse melted and fried the wires and component that the fuse plugs in to. I wish I would've headed advice of friends. This car should have been made more reliable. Ford didn't do a good job on this one. Parts are expensive and are not easily accessible when repairing.
Favorite Features
Spacious trunk, nice space inside. Position of cruise control (on steering wheel)
Suggested Improvements
Transmission and all related sensors. Multiple electrical problems. Still can't figure out what's causing air conditioner problems. Door ajar sensor. Power steering. Two bad window motors. Horrible gas mileage. Bad location of radiator. Not a reliable car.