It's a Ford, What do you except?
By Crystal on
1997 Ford Taurus G 4dr Sedan
I got my 97 Taurus a little less than an year ago, and if I had the chance it would take a trip right back were it came from. When the car came to us the battery was dead, and it was a mess such as to it's dirtiness (it was bought out of auction). When we drove the car it had a clunking in the brakes, which that turn into a money spree of new rotors and brakes for all four wheels which never solved the problem till the car died. Which that happened in the first five months of owning it, the cause of the faulty gas gauge a 167 miles left (please try 0) luckly we had AAA to bail us out. After we had it fixed the bill came back for almost a $900 dollars not to count the faulty anti-lock system.
Favorite Features
Not really any favorites to this car.
Suggested Improvements
Brake rotors, brakes, speaker system (right one has a bad runt to it), and can't understand anything. Also work on transmission bugs, the car likes to slip alot and it has a tendency to accelerate around corners slow. Also it leaks oil like no tommrow
By madison77
on 03/14/11 14:53 PM (PDT)

I have problems with my rotors too with my 97' Taurus. When you get off the freeway going to the off ramp and you slow down the car shakes violently. Supposedly Les Schwaab fixed it but it's at it again. Never had a problem with my transmission yet. My speaker system is excellent. My car likes to leak radiator fluid alot. My car does leak oil time to time and sometimes my car will burn oil too in the engine area not the exhaust since I keep on top of the oil resevoir.