1997 Ford Taurus Sedan Consumer Reviews 6

1997 Ford Taurus Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Taurus model:
Great middle-of-the-road car
By templedf on 07/11/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Ford Taurus Sedan GL 4dr Sedan

I bought my Taurus with 30k miles, and at 110k, I'm only just starting to have some mechanical problems. For price/performance, a slightly used Taurus is really a great deal.

Good Value for the money
By dt12818 on 07/10/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Ford Taurus Sedan GL 4dr Sedan

I purchased the car new for $15,000 in 1997 with Ford's .09 percent financing. The car today only has 68,000 miles and I have never had any major mechanical problems with it. The only repair I have ever made was the automatic window motor stopped working but was fixed under warranty. I also purchased a 1999 Taurus and have no problems with it. For the money, this car has been awesome and was a great buy for the limited budget that I had.

FORD TAURUS (PIECE OF JUNK)
By boogs11233 on 04/04/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1997 Ford Taurus Sedan GL 4dr Sedan

MY 1997 FORD TAURUS IS A PIECE OF JUNK. I NOW HAVE 60000 MILES AND I NEED A NEW TRANNY. I ALSO KNOW TWO OTHER PEOPLE, WHO OWN TAURUSES WITH COMPARABLE MILEAGE, THAT NEED NEW TRANSMISSIONS. I WILL NEVER AGAIN GET ANOTHER FORD. "GOOD RIDDENS"

Buyer beware, worst car I ever owned!
By dunnr on 02/24/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1997 Ford Taurus Sedan GL 4dr Sedan

In less than 20K miles of driving, all but three of the door switches that turn off the interior lights have failed , one window motor failed, the rotors have failed, one caliper has failed, the EGR valve went bad, the camshaft position sensor went bad. I should have read reviews before I bought the car, I will read them before I buy my next one.

PROBLEMS I HAVE EXPERIENCED
By TINA on 02/20/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1997 Ford Taurus Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

I REALLY LOVE MY TAURUS.BUT I HAVE HAD PROBLEMS, IN 2002 I HAD TO REPLACE THE TRANSMISSION.I CANNOT USE MY ALARM, IT GOES OFF FOR NO REASON, HAVE HAD SENSOR REPLACED & IS STILL A PROBLEM.MY ENGINE COOLANT LIGHT COMES ON ALL THE TIME, THE COOLANT IS FULL AND DOES NOT OVERHEAT, PROBABLY ANOTHER SENSOR.AT TIMES MY DOME LIGHT COMES ON AND WILL NOT GO OFF UNTIL ITS GOOD & READY.

Great overall car
By ZAZLE on 11/25/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1997 Ford Taurus Sedan GL 4dr Sedan

Great breaks, great interior quality, great reliability. Good handling. Perfect get-around-town-car. Well- behaved on long trips. definately worth the money invested.

1997 taurus gl
By tekmaster25 on 11/23/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1997 Ford Taurus Sedan GL 4dr Sedan

I love my 1997 taurus GL.This specacific model has leather,power sliding sun roof,6 disc cd changer and all the power options inc. power seat. It's performance is a great compromise between economy and power. No problems to report here. ford did a good job on this one.

Not a bad car
By Bob Mc on 10/16/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Ford Taurus Sedan GL 4dr Sedan

Just sold a '94 that I bought 4/01, and drove for 17 months and 36K miles, got back 2/3 of what I paid for it. Was going to buy an '02, but went for a clean (69K miles) '97 instead. Figure on driving for a year and getting back close to what I paid. The '94 was a great road car, hope the '97 does as well.

Great car for the money
By Marc Ayala on 08/30/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Ford Taurus Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

I purchased my Taurus in 1998 used with 24,000 miles. I was extremely surprised with the power and handling for a domestic car. On the highway the car gets 30 miles to the gallon, and 20 in the city. It's held up extremely well, and is still going strong at 112,000 miles.

i'd like a new car but i can't afford on
By cagirlcal on 08/24/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Ford Taurus Sedan GL 4dr Sedan

my car ran great for the first 8 or 9 months that i've had it and I try to keep it service on a regular basis, but now it's started shaking in the front end and pulls hard to the left.